PDA

View Full Version : 26xx Contract Question

ohsdrummer08
10-17-08, 07:20 PM
In my final preparation for Recruit Training, I sat down with my recruiter to finalize all of my information and sign a new contract. My original contract was a DC (02xx, and 26xx Occ fields I believe). The Boss at the RSS was able to secure a new contract with a program code "E9". As far as I could tell, the only difference was that it was specific to the 26xx Occ field and held a monetary bonus (I signed it realizing how difficult they are to find at times and knowing GySgt had to work to get it for me). My question is concerning they way the contract is worded:
As I understood, it said the bonus was given only for a Cryptologic Linguist (267x) MOS. So, I assumed one of two scenarios:

1) The contract guarantees (pending security clearance and such) a 267x MOS and therefore taking away the possibility of other MOS in the 26xx Occ field.

2) It awards the bonus only to those who are given 267x MOS's and thereby negating the bonus if I were to attain any other MOS in the field.

Can any Marines explain which (if either) is correct?

Thank you for your time and the commitment you have made to The Corps. I hope to join YOUR Corps 20080116 on my (hopeful) Recruit Training graduation date.

1stRad2671
10-17-08, 08:45 PM
Sounds like all it does is guarantee you will get sent to DLI rather than Ft. Huachuca or Pensacola. Otherwise you could end up a 2621, 31 or 51.

There were no guarantees or bonuses for me. But I got what I wanted.
The need for linguists has increased a lot since then.

ohsdrummer08
10-17-08, 09:56 PM
Thank you Sir.

Some of the verbage of these contracts tend to be rather "cryptic" themselves. As long as I become a Marine, any MOS will do though.
Thanks again for your time; I've had some difficulties finding info relating to this field but your posts have been VERY helpful.

MGySgtSki
10-18-08, 12:35 PM
Have you taken the DLAB yet? If you don't score high enough on that to qualify for a language, then that could negate your bonus by not allowing you to go to DLI. In that case, they'd send you off to make you a 21, 31, or 51.

S/F

ohsdrummer08
10-18-08, 12:58 PM
I took it back in early June. Scored a 122. But I've been told I have to take it again sometime during Recruit Training.

MGySgtSki
10-18-08, 01:06 PM
I took it back in early June. Scored a 122. But I've been told I have to take it again sometime during Recruit Training.

Good deal. With a 122, you should be a lock for pretty much any language out there, and, yes, you'll most likely have to take it again a MCRD. Good luck to ya and if you score anything like you did the first time, you'll be in DLI after MCT.

S/F

ohsdrummer08
10-18-08, 02:10 PM
Thank you Sir. But first thing's first, I have to go get my Eagle, Globe and Anchor. :)
I'll let you know how things pan out in January. Thanks again for your time and info.

wargrudge
10-23-08, 12:49 PM
In my final preparation for Recruit Training, I sat down with my recruiter to finalize all of my information and sign a new contract. My original contract was a DC (02xx, and 26xx Occ fields I believe). The Boss at the RSS was able to secure a new contract with a program code "E9". As far as I could tell, the only difference was that it was specific to the 26xx Occ field and held a monetary bonus (I signed it realizing how difficult they are to find at times and knowing GySgt had to work to get it for me). My question is concerning they way the contract is worded:
As I understood, it said the bonus was given only for a Cryptologic Linguist (267x) MOS. So, I assumed one of two scenarios:

1) The contract guarantees (pending security clearance and such) a 267x MOS and therefore taking away the possibility of other MOS in the 26xx Occ field.

2) It awards the bonus only to those who are given 267x MOS's and thereby negating the bonus if I were to attain any other MOS in the field.

Can any Marines explain which (if either) is correct?

Thank you for your time and the commitment you have made to The Corps. I hope to join YOUR Corps 20080116 on my (hopeful) Recruit Training graduation date.
The code "E9" was given to me when I signed up for the 02XX/26XX ground electronic warfare option, it's a 3 grand bonus you get when you finish your MOS school and get to your first unit. Me being a 2651, I went to Pensacola. From there went on leave, then came out to where I am now in Okinawa. About a month later I got my bonus. So if you happen to get a 2621/31/51 MOS I can tell you all you need to know about Pensacola and the command there, since I barely got out of there back in June.