PDA

View Full Version : Tie Bar

fjmas1976
10-17-08, 10:11 AM
Good Morning Marines. I was hoping someone here would know of a place I might be able to find the standard issue enlisted tie bar (tie tac) but in solid silver. My police department allows us to wear the enlisted tie bar in lieu of the standard town seal ones, but it has to be all silver. If I was a Sgt or above , I would be all set......but since I am just a non-rate patrol officer I need all silver. If any Marine here knows of a place online or anywhere it would help me out. I appreciate all the feedback and help. Thanks and Semper Fi:usmc:

jinelson
10-17-08, 10:41 AM
Bro I dont think I have ever seen a standard issue silver tie bar. You can get those locally at your Marine Corps League meetings PX usually. I have seen silver eagle, globe and anchor tie tacs at Sgt Grits. www.grunt.com

Thank you for your continued service to our country.

Jim

KawiGunny
10-17-08, 01:03 PM
Never seen a "all silver" one before but you might want to check the Sgt Grit website.

Hussar
10-17-08, 05:48 PM
Hello. I know that Navy enlisted personnel wear Silver tie bars. Vanguard offers them.

http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_183&products_id=3258

Hope this is sort of what you're looking for.

Sincerely, Josh G.

kentmitchell
10-20-08, 07:18 AM
Anyone ever seen a bronze enlisted tie bar? That was my first issue in '56. They changed to gold a couple of years later. Also slightly downsized the web belt and buckle. I still have a couple of my original issue, larger, buckles.
At about the same time we also had to quit wearing EGAs on the collars of our khaki and tropical uniforms.