PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Coin Information

Diep
10-17-08, 08:15 AM
I have tried searching online for some challenge coins for Okinawa, Japan/Fallujia, Iraq/TQ, Iraq ectt but all I find are genaric coins. Is there any site that has more of a non generic coin but I don't want to custom make one as that would probably cost too much seeing as how I only need one. Any information would be a great help.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I couldn't find a better suited topic to place this under..

Semp-Fi:flag:

Pete0331
10-17-08, 10:26 AM
www.grunt.com

Diep
10-17-08, 03:19 PM
Thank you CPL Pete however I have searched that website and those are not really the kind that I am looking for..those coins look like every other website's coins for OIF that I have seen thus far..

Semp-Fi
CPL Diep

Pete0331
10-17-08, 03:40 PM
Thank you CPL Pete however I have searched that website and those are not really the kind that I am looking for..those coins look like every other website's coins for OIF that I have seen thus far..

Semp-Fi
CPL Diep

Have you tried the AAFES website?

Mikewebe
10-17-08, 03:47 PM
Well what kind of coin do you want, they don't make them for every firefight or town you know

Pete0331
10-17-08, 04:30 PM
I have tried searching online for some challenge coins for Okinawa, Japan/Fallujia, Iraq/TQ, Iraq ectt but all I find are genaric coins. Is there any site that has more of a non generic coin but I don't want to custom make one as that would probably cost too much seeing as how I only need one. Any information would be a great help.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I couldn't find a better suited topic to place this under..

Semp-Fi:flag:

The coins for a particular battle, town, FOB, etc. are custom ordered by units.

Best bet would be to contact a manufacturer directly and see if they can help you out.

Ed Palmer
10-17-08, 04:39 PM
wrong one

Diep
10-18-08, 12:45 AM
No I haven't even thought of the AAFES store. Ha i'm glad I posted up here.

I figured there would be a coin out there for at least fallujia, but yea I thought whenever units purchased the coins they always had extras to sell..

Anyways I think I will check out the AAFES. Thanks for that tid bit of info CPL's!

Semp-Fi
CPL Diep

Pete0331
10-18-08, 01:18 AM
No I haven't even thought of the AAFES store. Ha i'm glad I posted up here.

I figured there would be a coin out there for at least fallujia, but yea I thought whenever units purchased the coins they always had extras to sell..

Anyways I think I will check out the AAFES. Thanks for that tid bit of info CPL's!

Semp-Fi
CPL Diep

Contact the units directly then and see if they will part with any extras.
I am sure they will know where to get them if they don't have them.

Quinbo
10-18-08, 02:09 AM
I recently purchased a shellback coin here http://store.nwtmint.com/Marine_Corps/Commemorative/ALL

It's pretty nice.

jerryk
10-18-08, 05:53 AM
try usmedals.com
1-800-308-0849

Diep
10-19-08, 12:40 AM
Those are some very good places I found some of the coins that I needed but I'm still searching for a good Iraq coin and an okinawa coin..

Wyoming
10-29-08, 06:27 PM
What are challenge coins?

Come hither young one.

Watch this - Google 'challenge coins' (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=challenge+coins&aq=1&oq=challenge+).

See what happens.

avenger08
10-29-08, 07:54 PM
hell im trying to find a vma-211 challenge coin, and a couple of coins that would beat my other marines when we have our ball, it sucks.

Phantom Winger
10-30-08, 03:40 PM
hell im trying to find a vma-211 challenge coin, and a couple of coins that would beat my other marines when we have our ball, it sucks.

Avenger - I've seen the VMA-211 Wake Island challenge coin

http://cgi.ebay.com/USMC-VMA-211-MARINE-CORPS-WAKE-ISLAND-CHALLENGE-COIN_W0QQitemZ6551579253QQcmdZViewItem

TylerMikael
10-31-08, 05:28 PM
Come hither young one.

Watch this - Google 'challenge coins' (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=challenge+coins&aq=1&oq=challenge+).

See what happens.

Google works wonders!
THANKS, Sir.

Marine84
10-31-08, 05:56 PM
I ALWAYS have my Ordie one on me! OORAH! It has my signature (below my post) on it.

I have another one that says: "We are keenly aware that those who are in a position to expend Ordnance may only have one chance at the target, so that piece of Ordnance must work.......the first time every time " RADM Robert Sutton

I'm glad I had the chance to help make it work.

kingcobra316
10-31-08, 08:47 PM
You could try a site called SGT GRIT.COM they have an outstanding catalog of everything Marine Corps.. I have seen a lot of coins on that site. It is run by a
brother from the 11th Marines
semper fi