PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast!!

Hector V
10-16-08, 04:15 PM
I'm overweight and need help fast believe it or not I need to lose 40 lbs. I've been working out for the past week and already meet and exceed all of the PFT requirements. I've been following the "Marine training guide" which I got from my recruiter ,I graduate January which means I have less then three months to drop down to weight......I would appreciate the help and would like any type of info that may help me wether it be nutrition,excursive advices,ect. ANYTHING !!!!

OB MSG
10-16-08, 04:18 PM
You don't need to post the same thing twice under a different Thread title to get answers.

Bentley09
10-16-08, 04:23 PM
First off, run about 30 minutes every other day, and eat LIGHT, drink a full glass of water before each meal so you dont eat as much, and stay away from, absolutely stay away from fast food, sweets, pop, even diet pop, pizza, breaded chicken, caffeine, fried chicken, heavy foods (beef, potatos, potato chips)

Eat lean meats, fish, salads, nuts, wheat bread, drink TONS of water, fruits, VEGETABLES VEGETABLES VEGETABLES.

Phantom Blooper
10-16-08, 04:23 PM
How fast can you read? Read the Poolee Forum and do a search....there is a ton of information just waiting for a speed reader!:evilgrin:

2ndLAADBnWRENCH
10-16-08, 07:12 PM
Purple stripes
<HR style="COLOR: #b5b1b1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b5b1b1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hector

You didn't put on the 40 pounds in 3 months so how do you expect to loose it safly and not hurting a body the Corps expects to train in 3 months ... Purple stripes are not what your looking for when you get to recieving Barracks at MCRD.. Be reasonable and follow simple directions from people that have been there. I was a personal trainer for all Marine sports programs for many years. I have plenty to offer. Fill out your profile truethfully and follow simple directions Son. Then come back and act like a POOLEE....

JB Stark USMC-USA RETIRED

sparkie
10-16-08, 07:45 PM
Shet,,,,,, I lost 50 in 1 month, and still live. Work,,, kill ALL starches,,,,, Go kill yourself everyday in exercize,,,,,, It is only as hard as you are not.
A personal trainer can't sew on a couple O onions,,,,,,,,

xpaz
10-19-08, 02:46 PM
Short, intense exercise -- sprints, intervals, heavy [safe] lifting.

Meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar. You'll be set in no time.

Hector V
10-23-08, 07:58 AM
I started a new diet plan that includes less then 1500 calories a day and i am also following Accords PT plan witch is pretty simple .Im going to start running for 4-5 miles at a speed of six ,becouse 2-3 miles is a little to easy.

All of the men from my mothers side were in the Army and they all enjoyed it an i desided to join the Armed Forces and Chose the United States Marine Corps (Witch would give me major bragging rights.LOL) and this is pretty importent to me and EXTREMELY DETERMINED ..Thank You All for taking time out of your day to help me out!!
<!-- / message -->

KawiGunny
10-23-08, 09:11 AM
Like everyone else has already said.... PT and eat right.

Also, work on the spelling. "Witch" - is like the the mother-in-law that rides a broom.

FullMetalFuture
10-23-08, 09:25 AM
Im in the same boat you are. I started the Body for Life workouts this week and while it may not show on the outside...I can feel the different mentally and physically. Ive cut out all sodas, basically all bread(if i have it its wheat), im taking my vitamins, and working out until i can take no more. Its a process, but it is one well worth the sweat, pain, and lack of "tv time".