PDA

View Full Version : General Information

mrmorency
10-15-08, 12:37 PM
I remember a while back, when I first started looking for information on the Marine Corps that I stumbled upon a link. It was .pdf that had a break down of all the MOS's, how many people were in them, demographics, and I believe how many more positions needed filled for a certain MOS. Anyone have that link?

PS: Before some of you reply to this telling me to just focus on becoming a Marine and all that, just a note... I leave 20081027, I already have an MOS, and I'm motivated. This was just something I was interested in seeing again.

Thanks!

yellowwing
10-15-08, 12:52 PM
Just something to keep your mind busy?

0231Marine
10-15-08, 01:09 PM
Your recruiter should have that information. That would be the best way.

I know the information is on TECOM's (Training and Education Commands) portal but my access card isn't working right now so I'm unable to pull anything off of their sight. I recommend asking your recruiter if it's something you really want to see.

mrmorency
10-15-08, 01:41 PM
Just something to keep your mind busy?

Yes, sir. That's all it is.

yellowwing
10-15-08, 02:01 PM
A Book of Five Rings (http://samurai.com/5rings/), written by a 17th Century Samurai. He won like 70 to 90 personal sword battles and decided that he was qualified to write on The Way of Strategy. Its all online.

One of my favorite parts is something like, don't worry about specific footwork or optimal sword length, just get your sword into the other man.

mrmorency
10-15-08, 02:15 PM
?

yellowwing
10-15-08, 02:17 PM
It will keep your mind busy with something practicle. Learning some basic warfare strategy.

OB MSG
10-15-08, 02:26 PM
Another good read is: The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

I loved the part where he took all the Emperors concubines and said he could train them to operate as a unit. I'll leave it at that, don't want to spoil the rest of that bit.

polizei
10-15-08, 03:37 PM
Shooter, by GySgt. Jack Coughlin (USMC) and Capt. Casey Kuhlman (USMCR). Best book I've ever read, I suggest you do the same!

sparkie
10-15-08, 03:40 PM
Jonathon Livingston Seagull. Talk about distraction,,,,,,,,,

OB MSG
10-15-08, 03:43 PM
Guess you got some reading to do there mrmorency. You can also Google the "Commandant's Reading List" if you really want to challenge yourself and gain new knowledge. Just remember not to neglect what you need to know for Boot.

Good Luck!