PDA

View Full Version : What we're all fighting for, in the end, is each other.

wrbones
05-26-03, 12:29 AM
"Some of us volunteered to fight for Union. Some came in mainly because we were bored at home and this looked like it might be fun. Some came because we were ashamed not to.Many of us came.....because it was the right thing to do. All of us have seen men die. Most of us never saw a black man back home.We think on that too.But freedom.....is not just a word.

This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like killing. But we're here for something new. I don't.....this hasn't happened much in the history of the world. We're an army going out to set other men free.

This is free ground. All the way from here to the Pacific Ocean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do, not by who your father was. Here you can be something. Here's a place to build a home. It isn't the land--there's always more land. It's the idea that we all have value, you and me, we're worth something more than the dirt. I never saw dirt I'd die for, but I'm not asking you to come join us and fight for dirt. What we're all fighting for, in the end, is each other."

Joshua Chamberlin....before Gettysburg.

richgitz
06-19-03, 07:06 PM
You hit the nail on the head again wrbones. Why not E-Mail this
to all those Anti-Military Movie Stars.

Devildogg4ever
06-20-03, 03:16 AM
Once again, bones, I salute you!! Semper Fi!