PDA

View Full Version : Music Star Gives Good Advice

jrhd97
10-15-08, 11:34 AM
It's good to see a star giving sound advice to our kids, not running around like a Dallas Cowboy... uh I mean thug / felon.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/452160/0_62_101508_pickler.jpg (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438201,00.html#) AP

Kellie Pickler

LOS ANGELES — With her bottle-blonde hair and breast implants, one could argue that Kellie Pickler comes across as the "naughty little minx" that Simon Cowell once called her during the fifth season of "American Idol." But the country crooner is upholding a moral ground on her upcoming album by encouraging young girls to maintain their "innocence" for as long as possible.
"I need to sing about real things that I relate to and are part of me and my life, I think it's important to keep it real," Pickler told us in reference to her self-titled album which debuted at number one on the country charts last week. "The first time people hear 'Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful,' they always think I’m singing about outer beauty but its so much more deep than that. My favorite verse is the second verse which goes: ‘Hey there little homecoming queen in that back seat, I bet his brown eyes are promising you everything and I know you want to be just like your friends. But he’ll still love you if you don’t give in, but if those girls were being honest that have been where you’re at, I bet they’ll tell you they wish they had their innocence back.’"
So for all the young women out there who look up to Pickler as their "Idol", she has a few words of wisdom …
"Hold onto that innocence because it is so beautiful and cherish it because its priceless — and once it's gone, you cant get it back," she said. "I think it's important for all women, young girls as well as adults to love what you see when you look in the mirror, to love your heart."
<!-- QUIGO --> <!-- QUIGO --> <script type="text/javascript"> /*<![CDATA[*/ var adsonar_placementId="1307908",adsonar_pid="150759",adsonar_ps="-1",adsonar_zw=190;adsonar_zh=200,adsonar_jv="ads.adsonar.com"; qas_writeAd(); /*]]>*/ </script>Pickler also poured her own heart out about her USO tour through Iraq last Christmas, where she spent several weeks entertaining Coalition troops.
"It was the most incredible thing I had ever done in my entire life, it was so life changing just being able to take a little piece of home to the men and women that are serving our countries," the 22-year-old said. "I think the most incredible thing that I took from it was the knowledge of all the great things that they are doing like providing pure drinking water, homes, helping clean up the streets, helping build a civilized government, school supplies - it’s incredible. These are the things that are never capitalized on and they never give credit and talk about. It was so great to go there and build those relationships with the soldiers, shake hands and give hugs and try to get their minds off of things. It was by far the most amazing thing I had ever done and I am very excited and happy to say that I am going back next year."

Marine84
10-15-08, 07:20 PM
jrhd you are so lieing! LOL! Do you really listen to her music?

jrhd97
10-16-08, 02:20 AM
LMAO! NO. I just stumbled on this article by accident. She is bout smart as a box of rocks ..... oh.. wait, that's an insult to rocks. Did you see her on Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Hooo boy, blond for sure.