PDA

View Full Version : Been Waiting for this for 8 Years!

jlewin
10-14-08, 05:43 AM
Since my sophomore year of High School I have been dreaming of Parris Island, I even went into the DEP with a ship buddy during my Junior year. However the following year my parents had some problems and I stayed home to take care of my younger brother and sister. I started working, developed a fairly successful career in the restaurant business and married a beautiful woman. Well here I am six years after graduating high school and tomorrow I am getting back into the DEP with my wife's full support and hoping to head to Recruit Training in January......I am going to earn the title, United States Marine. :iwo:

yellowwing
10-14-08, 05:50 AM
Good to go Joshua, welcome back. You proably got some Leadership Skills basics down. You'll learn it the Marine Corps Way.

Study everything you can here and keep up your PT.

Phantom Blooper
10-14-08, 06:30 AM
Good to go...keep up on your PT and knowledge.

Insure that your family commitments are taken care of prior to shipping. Following your dream is divine...but if you don't have a plan for the family while gone to boot camp and school you may have problems.

From reading your post it looks like you do...but to have an alternate or backup in todays world is a plus! Good luck!:evilgrin:

jinelson
10-14-08, 08:19 AM
Outstanding Joshua now thats what I call commitment!

Jim

degenerate138
10-14-08, 11:14 AM
Awesome. Maybe I'll see you there in January.

Njaye
10-14-08, 07:24 PM
Im in the exact same situation right now! I was supposed to go in after HS. but i ended up blowing my knee out 4 games into my sr season, so i took the g.e.d test and got out hs early and started working at the same place im at now. ive been out for 4.5 yrs now and im engaged. im making great money now but its just not for me. marines are my calling, and i will be enlisting around febuary. :banana:

LandsNGrooves
10-14-08, 09:48 PM
Im in the exact same situation right now! I was supposed to go in after HS. but i ended up blowing my knee out 4 games into my sr season, so i took the g.e.d test and got out hs early and started working at the same place im at now. ive been out for 4.5 yrs now and im engaged. im making great money now but its just not for me. marines are my calling, and i will be enlisting around febuary. :banana:

Have you talked to a recruiter? I dont think a GED cuts it.

SEANstaah
10-14-08, 09:54 PM
GEDs aren't preferred, but they'll make it happen.

Diep
10-16-08, 06:55 AM
Have you talked to a recruiter? I dont think a GED cuts it.

It's going to be pretty difficult for you to join with a G.E.D. but not completley impossible. They only accept a certain amount of G.E.D. recruits a year and after that quota is fulfilled then they don't accept any more.