PDA

View Full Version : Pets

Ratcliff
10-13-08, 05:36 PM
After basic ofcourse. When you're at whatever school I assume you get a dorm. What's the rules on pets?

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-13-08, 05:44 PM
After boot you might still live in a squad bay. I lived in the brks for my first 2 schools, then after being out of a squad bay for over a year, I was back in one for another school. Either way no pets allowed.

Pete0331
10-13-08, 06:04 PM
After basic ofcourse. When you're at whatever school I assume you get a dorm. What's the rules on pets?

ROFL

Phantom Blooper
10-13-08, 06:08 PM
There is a post somewhere in the Poolee Forum or Ask A Marine within the past couple months.

As stated NO pets in the barracks.

If you are married and live in base housing you can have dogs,cats,fish and maybe reptiles and amphibians.

You maybe able to pull off a snake,lizard,scorpion or spider off in the barracks but it would probally be illegal and hope that they don't get loose.

Basically it would be up to your command and the health,comfort and safety of all in the barracks.

:evilgrin:

Marine84
10-13-08, 06:08 PM
Yellowwing - does this one fit the disclaimer??????

Phantom Blooper
10-13-08, 06:17 PM
Yep....didn't you see the new leaf I turned over? ROTFLMAO!:evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-13-08, 06:51 PM
Oh come on, I think it would be OK to let it fly just this one time...

Pets? In all honesty, what would Sparky the Dog do when you got word that Crapholeistan attacked Bumphukegypt and you are leaving in 16 hours? It just couldn't work if you were allowed to keep pets in the barracks.

0231Marine
10-13-08, 06:51 PM
I think the only thing allowed in the barracks is a small fish (goldfish, not shark).

You want to have a pet, pick up rank and rate BAH!

Ratcliff
10-13-08, 08:59 PM
What about uh, base, like where the movies and restaurants and gas stations are?

Phantom Blooper
10-13-08, 09:06 PM
What about uh, base, like where the movies and restaurants and gas stations are?

Explain......:evilgrin:

Ratcliff
10-13-08, 09:20 PM
Explain......:evilgrin:

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, after bootcamp, when and where can my dog live with me again.

Pete0331
10-13-08, 09:21 PM

If you want pets, live off base.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, after bootcamp, when and where can my dog live with me again.

When you live off base.

Phantom Blooper
10-13-08, 09:59 PM
Ratcliff...unless you are married and living out in town or are I believe you have to be at least a SGT and request BAH to live out in town or are married with a family living in base housing....you can't have your dog living with you in your room,squad bay or hooch.

You can see him on leave and if your family comes to the base to see you...sorry there are NO congenial visits allowed for our furry friends if you remain single and live in the barracks and have a meal card to eat primarily in the chow hall.

:evilgrin:

Wyoming
10-13-08, 11:04 PM

This one is killing me!!:D

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-13-08, 11:56 PM
Come on, even after it was spelled out that only small fish would be allowed he still asks.

What about base? Where else would we be talking about? The moon?

yellowwing
10-14-08, 12:15 AM

I'm really gritting my teeth on this one, Sister! Just one more and we have our first winner! :evilgrin:

yellowwing
10-14-08, 12:18 AM

Ratcliff, the whole idea is that we are a Unit. We wear Uniforms.

Outlandish individual luxuries like pets are just impractible. Get your mind spinning on what you have to get prepared for to learn. Not what liberties Our Beloved Corps will grant you.

SlingerDun
10-14-08, 01:10 AM
Your drifting off the path Ratcliff....the shimmering water in that direction is a mirage. Get your bearings.

From aspirations of graduating first in boot camp to scout sniper and now it's baseball player and pet'shttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Eventually you will be able to play baseball again and own animals but most guys who been away from the sport lose timing and a step, only to awaken from a dream realizing they are a weak hitting outfielder with an under average arm riding to games on a bus; Michael Jordan.

So they take up "recreational" softball with ole' scout the dog riding shotgun.

--->Dave

Phantom Blooper
10-14-08, 05:31 AM
I'm really gritting my teeth on this one, Sister! Just one more and we have our first winner! :evilgrin:

As I typed last night ....it took ALL that I could do to answer this post in a "mentor manner" ....two happy pills later and I am still perplexed!:evilgrin:

yellowwing
10-14-08, 05:41 AM
Slinger nailed it. If a kid is not focused, fine. We booted one last night for being unteachable. If he mends his ways okay.

We shall see if we are wasting our time. Too many good ones here to hand hold for too long.

RedmanEcho5
10-21-08, 03:53 PM
Good thing he didn't ask us if we have valet parking in Camp Pendleton. (j/k)

Ummmm okay, maybe the Air Force would actually have that one though.
Seriously, I heard all about the butter and ice sculptures in the cafeteria, maid service in the dorms,etc. Even in (Mogadishu port) Somalia while us grunts were sleeping in the ground with our ponchos these guys stayed in tents with...get this, AIR CONDITIONERS!! Not the ones that had electronic equipment but just sleeping quarters!! I wouldn't have noticed that since we came back from a patrol but they were too busy having fun playing beach volleyball near their tent we couldn't miss them.
If it wasn't for the sharks I'm sure someone there would have gone surfing too.
Ahhh what fun they had, ....makes me want to sing, "Be All You Can...umm nope wrong song... how about "Step into the something, something."
Just fuggetabawtit.
What was the question again?

sjjubb1989
01-31-10, 12:29 PM
Remember, just don't get caught! And I personally know that [dead] goldfish flush down toilets, so no worries if you need to ditch it quick!

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 01:13 PM
Remember, just don't get caught! And I personally know that [dead] goldfish flush down toilets, so no worries if you need to ditch it quick!
In case you haven't noticed, this thread hasn't been posted in since 10-21-08. I think the original poster has the answers to his questions by now, that is, if he made it through boot camp.

sjjubb1989
01-31-10, 01:28 PM
In case you haven't noticed, this thread hasn't been posted in since 10-21-08. I think the original poster has the answers to his questions by now, that is, if he made it through boot camp.

I noticed, though I did feel like putting my two cents in as the only reason I found this thread is I was looking at goldfish yesterday.
The irony is that last post was 3 days after I graduated bootcamp, or something like that.
Edit: Though curious you have a good point on if that person made it through bootcamp.

Lisa 23
01-31-10, 01:30 PM
I noticed, though I did feel like putting my two cents in as the only reason I found this thread is I was looking at goldfish yesterday.
The irony is that last post was 3 days after I graduated bootcamp, or something like that.
Edit: Though curious you have a good point on if that person made it through bootcamp.
:thumbup: