PDA

View Full Version : Long Overdue Thank Yous

Bullpup
10-12-08, 09:31 PM
As I said in my earlier post, I graduated last Friday as the Company Honor man for Charlie Company. I just wanted to take the chance to thank all of the Marines on this site. I asked questions and listened to you all for months before I left and I took in all the knowledge I could. I learned so much from you all, most importantly I learned how much I still have to learn. So I extend a heartfelt thank you. You all volunteer your time to help young poolees and new Marines and most of us will probably never know how much your words and actions actually affect us.
This site was one of the reasons that I joined the Marine Corps in the first place. I saw how much Marines are willing to do for eachother and I knew I didn't want to be in any other branch.
I'd also like to extend a special thank you to Corporal Blaylock. Your letters gave me the motivation to continue when I was close to giving up.

For the poolees I'll say this, listen to these Marines. They know what they are talking about. Learn as much from them as you can. If anyone has any questions about Boot Camp, being a Guide, being a squad leader, or becoming the Company Honor Man, please feel free to messege me or ask me here. I'll keep checking this for the duration of my leave.

Again thank you and Semper Fi

Phantom Blooper
10-12-08, 09:43 PM
I don't know if any of my posts helped you in any way...hopefully so!

Congratulations again and continue to make YOURSELF and us proud when you hit the fleet!

Take care of your men and continue to learn from THEM!

Good luck...Godspeed,fair winds and following seas!

Regardless of your MOS... Wear your helmet, flak jacket and make that one well aimed shot count!:evilgrin:

davblay
10-13-08, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the kind words, BULLPUP, but the thanks should be going to you, my friend. You are the one that endured and came out wearing L/Cpl stripes! That's no easy feat. You have raised the standard for the next motivated recruit to be where you are now, and that is what makes us what we are, "Better Marines", you are now a one of the fewest, stand tall, hold your head up and enjoy the ride.

It was my pleasure to write you while you where there, I truly hope that it helped in some small way, to get you thru the training.

I Salute you brother,

Semper Fi,

Dave