PDA

View Full Version : Question about getting back in.

shpdt080701
10-12-08, 01:34 PM
I am an RE-3F JDA1 Fraud/Uncharacterized Discharge. I was a discharged for a medical issue I no longer suffer from at all or in any shape or form.(non psychological...'migraines'). I can take the...

Marine84
10-12-08, 02:08 PM
You sure it wasn't because you didn't tell them about these migraines beforehand? I would think if it was for migraines, it would have been a medical discharge. <br />
<br />
For what it's worth, I used to...

Rossco
10-12-08, 02:09 PM
First let me say I am impressed with your motivation. Usually when you get these types of discharges from boot it is 50/50. I had a Marine who had come in prior service after being kicked out of the...

DGardner
10-12-08, 04:12 PM
I know what you are going through. Don't stop trying to get back in. If you want it bad enough... you will find a way.

They told us when we left there was a 6 month minimum wait but some of us there was only 2. So just use that time to make sure you really don't have a problem and stay busy during your wait, it makes the time pass a lot quicker.

-Gardner

shpdt080701
10-12-08, 05:25 PM
I really appreciate the responses. I forgot to mention that I was in for Aviation Electronics.

Thank you.

degenerate138
10-12-08, 07:44 PM
I don't have any particular advice for you but I'd like to wish you good luck, if you're motivated enough (sounds like you are) you'll find a way.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-13-08, 09:16 AM
It can happen, but it is going to take time and some work on your part. They aren't just going to throw the waiver at you, you will have to work for it.

Get in touch with a local recruiter and tell him you want to submit the needed paperwork for a waiver. Go to your doctor and document that it is no longer a problem and that it will not impact your ability to serve in the Marine Corps. Then do what you can and wait, be ready to be rejected and try again.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-08, 10:08 AM
Echo Four Bravo nails it.

shpdt080701
10-13-08, 10:56 AM
Thank you again for the responses. I will be contacting a recruiter as soon as I can.

I will update as things progress for those who care. Perhaps some of you will be able to follow right to a "New Marine" thread next year.

My hat is off to you fine Marines.

polizei
10-13-08, 12:42 PM
I'm curious, how far did you go before they discharged you? I'm assuming at boot, but before you could finish? Either way, keep your head up and keep trying!

shpdt080701
10-13-08, 02:59 PM
T14. Three days from SDI Inspection. Only a week and a half away from the fun stuff.:evilgrin:

yellowwing
10-13-08, 03:03 PM
Like Echo_Four_Bravo advised, be prepared to do a lot of leg work on your own. Work your ass off to give them a reason to say Yes. Be patient and don't let minor set backs and delays get you down.

ImAPuke
10-13-08, 06:47 PM
Good thing you missed the SDI inspection, you could never get anything right
and were always unsat or nasty.

MarinesFTW
10-13-08, 09:08 PM
Jarhead how the hell would you know???