PDA

View Full Version : Concern [torn muscle?]

gnarkill04
10-10-08, 10:10 PM
I was curling yesterday, not too much weight, but I think I overworked it because now my left arm [forearm mostly, close to where my arm bends] is extremely sore and I can't even extend my arm out fully. This hasn't happened to me before so I just wanted to see if it might be a torn muscle or if I should just let it heal. Any insight?

cocruxified
10-10-08, 11:17 PM
Psst..not trying to be rude or anything but...this isn't a doctors office. Nobody here's gonna be able to diagnose what you have without seeing it or anything like that.

That said my take is....normal soreness due to being overworked. Throw some ice on it, then heat. Ya know the usual. If its still AS BAD or even worse, THEN you may have a problem. I wouldn't worry about it till then.

Also if it was torn, you'd know it. You wouldn't be able to make a fist without serious pain.

And YES. Let it heal FULLY before you do more lifting with it. Go run.

Fubar08
10-10-08, 11:30 PM
I did the same crap doing Lat Pulldown machine with to much weight.

Feels worst when it gets cold...When I put it in hot water it dosn't hurt and I can get full movement. But it comes back right after the heats gone.

gnarkill04
10-10-08, 11:40 PM
Psst..not trying to be rude or anything but...this isn't a doctors office. Nobody here's gonna be able to diagnose what you have without seeing it or anything like that.

That said my take is....normal soreness due to being overworked. Throw some ice on it, then heat. Ya know the usual. If its still AS BAD or even worse, THEN you may have a problem. I wouldn't worry about it till then.

Also if it was torn, you'd know it. You wouldn't be able to make a fist without serious pain.

And YES. Let it heal FULLY before you do more lifting with it. Go run.

Thanks

Garrett90
10-10-08, 11:41 PM
Your skin would be black, or very dark, in the area where you think you tore something..