PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitus

hamilton4814
10-10-08, 05:55 PM
I was suppose to ship in two days, but I have recently been diagnosed with bronchitis and a severe sinus infection, my white blood cell count is up. Running is nearly impossible, I've been able to keep up with my calisthenics pretty well, but the weight loss and fatigue Is not helping. I have a security forces UV contract, and my recruiter has told me if I cant be ready to go by the 20th that I wont be able to leave till January or February, and I would no longer have my job. I want to leave... but I don't want to go do there sick, I also don't understand why there couldn't be a ship date in November or December? Any advice would be appreciated.

sparkie
10-10-08, 06:00 PM
You have 10 days to get on the back side of that,,,,,,Shouldn't be a problem for a youngin. I'd say go.

DGardner
10-10-08, 06:06 PM
Get a multi-vitamin, Drink lots of water, stretch and rest.

benw2200
10-10-08, 06:25 PM
I would definitely hit up the doctor.. explain your situation and get the most hardcore antibiotics you can legally obtain. Take them on schedule, take lots of vitamin C, drink lots of water, eat healthy, and get plenty of rest. DON'T push yourself and try to work out if you're sick.. the #1 thing is to be healthy for boot camp. You'll get your strength and endurance back. A few rough weeks at boot are definitely worth making your ship date and keeping your contract. Good luck!

sparkie
10-10-08, 06:36 PM
If he's talkin white cell count, I gotta think he's been to the Dr. and has his meds. [Although he meant white cell count down]. Otherwise I would not have given that advice. You kids need to be a little more observant.

He did say 'diagnosed' ya know,,,,,,,,,

degenerate138
10-10-08, 07:20 PM
Like it's been said: take a multi-vitamin, drink a lot of water, and get rest. I'd go if I were you, you want that job, show your commitment.

Iseethelight
10-10-08, 07:54 PM
Hamilton, if it's a bacterial infection the Bicillin you get while in processing will clear it up VERY fast.

sparkie
10-10-08, 07:56 PM
Thanx. I stand in respect, and corrected.

sparkie
10-10-08, 08:28 PM
Hamilton, if it's a bacterial infection the Bicillin you get while in processing will clear it up VERY fast.
What you deleted,,,, Or We'll both look stupid.

Iseethelight
10-10-08, 08:34 PM
roger that:
Leukocytosis (high WBC) is common with a bacterial infection (bronchitis can be caused by a bacterial or viral) and also prevalent when an individual engages in intense exercise for a period of time much like a smart poolee would to get ready for RT.

Like I said, if your Doc says it's bacterial I wouldn't worry about it. I reported to Ft. Leonard Wood sniffling, sneezing and coughing like crazy and about 8 hours after the Bicillin injection I felt absolutely great.

sparkie
10-10-08, 08:47 PM
Thank you, Son. Let it be known that I Believe you kids are here for knowledge, And I will not let my ego stand in the way of that. Don't fear the 'Old Farts' who hang around here for your betterment. I Can Be Corrected.

polizei
10-10-08, 09:20 PM
Typically Bronchitis takes about a week to two weeks to get over. I agree with the others, do not push your body and rest! Drink fluids and eat healthy, it will do wonders.

Good luck!

benw2200
10-10-08, 09:29 PM
If he's talkin white cell count, I gotta think he's been to the Dr. and has his meds. [Although he meant white cell count down]. Otherwise I would not have given that advice. You kids need to be a little more observant.

He did say 'diagnosed' ya know,,,,,,,,,

Whoops. I jumped the gun on that one. I have a bad habit of skimming when I read and missing stuff, thanks for the correction.