PDA

View Full Version : Voting...

poleemaxwell
10-10-08, 10:15 AM
Hi! My name is Alex Maxwell, I'm pretty sure some of you have seen me here before, but I was wondering since I leave on 10/28/08 to boot camp and I won't be here to vote for the next up coming president, will they allow the recruits to vote in boot camp?

0231Marine
10-10-08, 12:02 PM
Submit an absentee balot before you leave.

Diep
10-12-08, 06:23 AM
Like 0231Mairne said submit an absentee ballot and have it sent to your house of residence. Then have your family mail the ballot to you. I highly doubt it would get to you in time for you to vote though. Good luck on that one!

stein07
10-12-08, 08:31 PM
Go to your city hall and ask if you can fill out an absentee ballot in person. Some of them will let you do that especially if you explain the circumstances; otherwise, they'll mail it to your house, and you can vote before you leave. Definitely take care of it before you ship if you want to vote.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-13-08, 09:33 AM
I am going to assume you're registered to vote. If you're not, it is too late for that at this point.

Now since you're in Texas this won't be too difficult for you to get done. There is early in person voting that runs from 10/20 to 10/31. Not all precincts have this, but you can vote in a nearby precinct if yours does not offer the service. Call 1-800-252-8683 and let them know what you need to do. They'll get you all set up and you'll be able to vote before you ever leave.

poleemaxwell
10-13-08, 12:22 PM
Thank you! I am registered so ill be there to vote early. This is my first time voting, so thanks alot everybody.