PDA

View Full Version : Well since the Achped thread closed...

bgsuwoody
10-10-08, 07:57 AM
I will take the opportunity to congratulate him

I am not only going to say that it is sad as hell that we had to close down a forum discussing the progress of a Marine, in a combat zone, because select individuals wanted to have a damn ****ing contest. However, I would like to continue to have these updates and here or whever would be fine.

On a side note, Congrats Matt, I will give this Marine **** about his rank and being a POG and the like, but it is out of friendship and competition between each other. I think that Matt has been an outstanding Marine, though his personal affairs are often a gong show, and will do a great job as an NCO in whatever field. This Marine, if not for some unforseen injuries would have been a grunt and a damn good one.

I'll be up with you soon (just lost out on a Meritorious promotion against 2 seniors, but I'll get it next time). Until then, I probably still won't stand at parade rest for you lol, but I'll keep your ass in check. Good luck and get ready for that extra responsibility.

Semper Fi and keep the updates coming, I only got a few more weeks...oh and hit me up with your address.

sparkie
10-10-08, 08:10 AM
Good post, Bugs. Nice to see you as a man now.

amarine0311
10-10-08, 08:43 AM
I agree Bugs, I have enjoyed the update as well. I hope they keep coming.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-10-08, 09:22 AM
Just goes to show why I quit posting on most parts of this forum. Seems that most of the 10% find their way here and manage to prove to everyone just how stupid they are.

Great post Woody, maybe some of the Marines will actually pay attention to what you wrote and realize how stupid they act towards one another.

DOWORK1
10-10-08, 09:43 AM
Just goes to show why I quit posting on most parts of this forum. Seems that most of the 10% find their way here and manage to prove to everyone just how stupid they are.

Great post Woody, maybe some of the Marines will actually pay attention to what you wrote and realize how stupid they act towards one another.

I definitely hear you on that. I don't understand why some Marines feel the need show off on a forum?

Achped
10-10-08, 10:42 AM
Thanks Woody, **** happens right? There will always be haters. Just because the score was low doesn't mean I am a ****bird, I mean, I am a ****bird, but at least I'm a ****bird with an almost perfect range score, a high 1st class PFT, "excellent" pros and cons, and a combat deployment. I guess when I'm a <4 year Sgt it will be "because the score was low", and not because I'm a good Marine.

TJR1070
10-10-08, 11:11 AM
First of all Congratulations Achped on joining the NCO ranks. Remember your most important job is to take care of your Marines!

I guess I missed the thread that you guys are refering to, but aren't cutting scores MOS specific? Meaning some are very low becuase they need NCO's and some are very high because of the abundance of NCO's inside that MOS. I know individual Marines can only control their own cutting score through performance so how can anybody be considered a ****bird for attaining the cutting score within their MOS?

I personally see a very young Marine that has started his career on this site and has persued that career with the advice of alot of Marines here. If anything I think this young Marine NCO should be held up as the example for others, not criticized because of his time in service or lack of experience.

That being said it is also probably a good thing he frequents this site so much since Cpl. Achped did seem to get himself into every Liberty pitfall possible for a Lance Cooley. However as the saying goes "experience is the mother of all teachers" and I think with his own personal experiences and the quality advice he recieves from Marines on this site from every generation he will be a great example of Marine leadership for his junior Marines to follow.

sscjoe
10-10-08, 11:21 AM
But he still hasn't answered the question, did he bring Eve with him!

outlaw3179
10-10-08, 11:55 AM
Thanks Woody, **** happens right? There will always be haters. Just because the score was low doesn't mean I am a ****bird, I mean, I am a ****bird, but at least I'm a ****bird with an almost perfect range score, a high 1st class PFT, "excellent" pros and cons, and a combat deployment. I guess when I'm a <4 year Sgt it will be "because the score was low", and not because I'm a good Marine.

Congratulations ! I guess you can polish a turd :) JK Marine. You take care of yourself and let us know when the wetdown is . Semper Fi Marine.

YutYut
10-10-08, 12:01 PM
Achped, don't worry about the haters. I was promoted to Sgt <4yrs. I heard the same sh*t. F*ck that nonsense...congrats Corporal.

FistFu68
10-10-08, 02:50 PM
:evilgrin: DON'T FEEL NAKED "ROOKIES" I WAS A CPL.3X'S IN 5 YR'S.BUT NOT ONE F***EN MARINE I EVER SERVED WITH WHEN I WAS ON THE DUTY.CAN EVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE A 11O PER CENT AND THEN SUM."GO MARINE GO" GODSPEED MARINES~ATTITUDE CHECK?(F-IT) :D :iwo:

Phantom Blooper
10-12-08, 08:50 PM
Congratulations Achped! You did good! Stay safe!:beer:

:evilgrin:

Marine84
10-12-08, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Matt - when did this happen? Where are more pics?

RYDERKUR
10-12-08, 09:14 PM
:evilgrin: DON'T FEEL NAKED "ROOKIES" I WAS A CPL.3X'S IN 5 YR'S.BUT NOT ONE F***EN MARINE I EVER SERVED WITH WHEN I WAS ON THE DUTY.CAN EVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE A 11O PER CENT AND THEN SUM."GO MARINE GO" GODSPEED MARINES~ATTITUDE CHECK?(F-IT) :D :iwo:

Damn Fistfu, if that's not some motivating ****, I don't know what is.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-13-08, 08:25 AM
Congrats! And, as far as being a *hit-bird, that's hilarious. I was considered one as well, heck, I've got 5 (count em..5) 'adverse' Page 11 entries. Was "Non Rec'd" to LCPL 3 freakin times. Yes, back in the days when your squad leader had that power.

And I made Meritorous Corporal at the three year mark, and Sgt the cutting score way at my 5 year mark.

Some of the best NCO's I've worked with were alleged *hitbirds in their time. Big freakin deal. Sometimes being a *hitbird (former) gives you a better idea of what your Marines are gonna do, because you've already DONE it. LOL

Take care of YOUR Marines, lead from the front, and never ask them to do something you wouldn't do yourself.

Achped
10-13-08, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Matt - when did this happen? Where are more pics?

I have pics but my computer doesnt have internet access and I cant put them online from the public computers....pretty soon i won't have internet access at all. Sgt Outlaw knows what I'm talking about.

"Living like f*cking homeless people...weeee"

Marine84
10-13-08, 05:16 PM
"Living like f*cking homeless people...weeee"

It will make you humble grasshoppa. STFU ;). You're just having withdrawals. The freedom you're missing is why we fight for it.

outlaw3179
10-13-08, 05:45 PM
lol..

bgsuwoody
10-16-08, 05:07 PM
It will make you humble grasshoppa. STFU ;). You're just having withdrawals. The freedom you're missing is why we fight for it.

Damn I liked that one...good moto after a day of 203's and MK19s...can't go wrong with that. Only a few more weeks for me...Afghanistan here I come!