PDA

View Full Version : Good Afternoon, I've a question...

McCullagh
10-09-08, 05:07 PM
Good afternoon fellow devil dogs and leathernecks. I just recently graduated USMC boot camp with Platoon 3230 on October 3rd and am a little confused on the whole MOS school thing.

My MoS is 5900 Aviation Electronics Maintenence and I am trying to figure out where and how long my MoS school is going to be. Normally I would ask my recruiter, but my recruiter is out on leave for a week - and I cannot find the information online.

Call me ignorant, but whatever. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks and Semper Fi.

:banana::banana::banana:

P.S: Also, how do I get the site to no longer see me as a Poolee/DEP?

jetdoc
10-09-08, 05:12 PM
Good afternoon fellow devil dogs and leathernecks. I just recently graduated USMC boot camp with Platoon 3230 on October 3rd and am a little confused on the whole MOS school thing.

My MoS is 5900 Aviation Electronics Maintenence and I am trying to figure out where and how long my MoS school is going to be. Normally I would ask my recruiter, but my recruiter is out on leave for a week - and I cannot find the information online.

Call me ignorant, but whatever. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks and Semper Fi.

I do believe most Aviation schools are in Pensacola...right fellas? Back when I was in our school was in wonderful Memphis Tenn....lovely.

McCullagh
10-09-08, 05:28 PM
Yes, so far all my avianic buddies are telling me that I'll be going to Pensacola for mos school. My question now is, for how long is the 5900 series in MoS School?

BR34
10-09-08, 06:04 PM
There's a couple Aviation schools in Mississippi as well.

There's no way to tell how long you're going to be at school. The school could be backed up.

Wait, don't you have orders? How are you going to even know where to report to? Wait...have you been to MCT? My bet is you will find all this out before you leave MCT.

Phantom Winger
10-09-08, 06:18 PM

Meridian, MS ... makes PI seem like a dry heat...

yellowwing
10-09-08, 06:19 PM
Congratulations! Semper Fi Marine :usmc:

CplKJSpevak
10-09-08, 07:35 PM
Sometimes when you "check in" to your MOS school, Your class isn't ready to start so they'll put you on working parties and stuff.....I was at MOS school for about 4 months for a 6 week school. They'll be able to tell you when you get there when your class is starting, to give you a better idea of when you'll be done...........and that's why we say "Semper Gumby"

usmc0331
10-10-08, 09:40 AM

There's no way to tell how long you're going to be at school. The school could be backed up.

Wait, don't you have orders? How are you going to even know where to report to? Wait...have you been to MCT? My bet is you will find all this out before you leave MCT.

thats what Im saying where are your orders?

you get your orders from boot camp which state after succesful completion of mct you are to report to IE 3521 orgazational automotive mechanics course for a period of so on and so on.

or you are to report to SOI if you are in the 03 field

2ndCEBSupply
10-10-08, 10:12 AM
Sometimes when you "check in" to your MOS school, Your class isn't ready to start so they'll put you on working parties and stuff.

Pray that you dont get stuck on a working party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sucks so bad watching everyone else train while your doing guard duty or even BASE MAINTENCE; thats when you walk around with a bag picking up trash.

If your MOS is in aviation your going to be in school for a while i think its a year.

Crusader20
10-10-08, 10:25 AM
You will get some infomration about your school location and the possible pick up date for the course at MCT. The MCT instructors and admin people have a communication line to most of the schools about dates and stuff.

2ndCEBSupply
10-10-08, 10:38 AM
Ooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

2ndCEBSupply
10-10-08, 10:43 AM
Google it will pop up in

www.about.com (http://www.about.com)

McCullagh
10-10-08, 02:36 PM
Hmm... What should I type in the good box?

I don't want to be put on hold, either... Anyway to get R.A. after MCT before schooling starts? I was told my school is shut down from Nov. 10 through Jan 1 on new cycles... Meaning when I grad. Nov 26 out of MCT I'll have missed the last cycle...

1.5 months of trash duty would suck...

2ndCEBSupply
10-10-08, 03:12 PM
Hahahahah

2ndCEBSupply
10-10-08, 03:15 PM
If i was smarter back the i would have pushed orders for recruting duty. Its very possibile especially when schools are over capacity.

Dont procrastinate do it today find out how you can do it.

Listen you dont want to be a part of BS platoons.

McCullagh
10-10-08, 03:23 PM
So I hear, haha! :)

dragonlord
04-23-10, 11:02 PM

I'm a 5900 in training in 29 Palms. Any body have ant idea what it is I'll be doing when I get done.