PDA

View Full Version : Clinton willing to fight and die for Israel, but not for AMERICA!

Sparrowhawk
08-02-02, 06:35 PM
Today: August 02, 2002 at 15:39:24 PDT

Clinton Says He'd Die For Israel

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK- Former President Bill Clinton, who avoided the Vietnam War, told Jewish supporters in Toronto that he would fight and die to protect Israel if Iraq ever invaded.

"I would personally get in a ditch, grab a rifle, and fight and die," Clinton said to cheers at a Hadassah children's charity fund-raising dinner this week. His comments were first reported in the Toronto Star.

A spokesman for Clinton did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Friday.

Clinton tried to broker a Middle East peace accord in the waning days of his presidency. His wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, courted Jewish voters aggressively during her successful Senate bid in New York.

Clinton told the crowd of 350 on Monday that the best solution to the Middle East conflict is an interim settlement "to establish a Palestinian state now." Its creation, he said, must be preceded by a timetable and security assurances for Israel.

Clinton said Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat made "a disastrous mistake" turning down peace offers in the last months of his presidency, but there is still "reason for hope."

Clinton was accused of ducking the draft during the Vietnam era. He received an induction notice but got a deferment when he promised to participate in an ROTC program. He never joined the program. He later withdrew his deferment but drew a lottery number too high to be drafted.

<HR>
ANyone have a copy of the letter Clinton wrote, I knows I've sen it on the internet, someplace.

--

LadyLeatherneck
08-02-02, 07:06 PM
All I here is the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher.... :D

TeufelHunden
08-03-02, 06:53 AM
...LOL - So true Laura.

Unfortunately the press in attendance had no problem interpreting his babbling and are making a mockery of it and him. I have no shame in telling anyone who'll listen, and even those that don't/won't, that I'M NOT A KLINTONITE! I wish him and his hag of an ol' lady would just go away like a good former First Family oughta.