PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys just a little update...

FullMetalFuture
10-09-08, 09:45 AM
I've been working hard at my goal of getting down to 223 for boot. I have lost 32 lbs, but have plateuaed. I have changed my routine in order continue losing. I just wanted to thank you all for the encouragement in the previous months. My spirit and my determination will never waiver and I intend to complete my goal. Thanks once again.

sscjoe
10-09-08, 10:33 AM
Keep working at it Pup, you'll get there.

FullMetalFuture
10-09-08, 10:41 AM
Thank you Lance Corporal. It means alot. I've been talking with the local recruiters and the process is becoming more clear. One obstacle is the dreaded GIRLFRIEND. I love her to death, but she is supportive of this at all. Its depressing. As I have the potential to gain a band of brothers, but lose the love of my life.

Enigmatic
10-09-08, 10:45 AM
Thank you Lance Corporal. It means alot. I've been talking with the local recruiters and the process is becoming more clear. One obstacle is the dreaded GIRLFRIEND. I love her to death, but she is supportive of this at all. Its depressing. As I have the potential to gain a band of brothers, but lose the love of my life.

Maybe she'll change her mind once you've earned the title and she sees you in your blues ;)

FullMetalFuture
10-09-08, 11:00 AM
I dont know what to do. The recruiter even volunteered to have his wife talk to her, but she wasnt too receptive of the idea that I was talking to the military in general.

Enigmatic
10-09-08, 11:13 AM
Hey, do what you gotta do to realize your dream of becoming a Marine. If she truly loves you she'll come around. If not, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Garrett90
10-09-08, 11:13 AM
Its your life, not hers. Don't make decisions about the path you take in your life based on a girl. I was with a girl for over a year and a half, and halfway through my senior year, we didn't really see eye to eye on the me in the Marines thing, which caused quite a few arguments.....needless to say I've been happily single for quite some time now, on my own decision to end it with her. Being on your own and having a few "lady friends" is the smoothest way to do it sometimes lol.

FullMetalFuture
10-09-08, 12:00 PM
Its your life, not hers. Don't make decisions about the path you take in your life based on a girl. I was with a girl for over a year and a half, and halfway through my senior year, we didn't really see eye to eye on the me in the Marines thing, which caused quite a few arguments.....needless to say I've been happily single for quite some time now, on my own decision to end it with her. Being on your own and having a few "lady friends" is the smoothest way to do it sometimes lol.

LOL. That does sound good and I wish it was truly that easy. She would rather me stay local and become an LEO instead of possibly going away. Ive tried my best and I wont give up on it. The word Marine or Corps gets brought up and her mood changes.:devious: