PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my Drill Instructors

CJ Haynes
10-09-08, 08:51 AM
Hey, I was just wanting to know if my Drill Instructors had accounts on this site. The two I am looking for are:

Sgt. Michael Blair
Sgt. Brian Pinson

They were two of my Drill Instructors (3rd Bn, India Co, Plt. 3080; grad. Oct. 3, 2008). If they have accounts on here or if anyone else here knows them, then I would appreciate if you could get me in touch with them. Thanks and God bless!
-Pvt. Haynes

Phantom Winger
10-09-08, 06:59 PM
Check your messages - sent you a PM Haynes.

CplKJSpevak
10-09-08, 07:30 PM
Parris Island 3rd Bn. Mike Co. in the HOUSE>.......They might be too busy training new recruits.....to be posting on here. Congrats young Devil Dog.

CJ Haynes
10-10-08, 08:36 AM
Check your messages - sent you a PM Haynes.

Well, it's not the same Blair. My Drill Instructor was Sgt. Blair, not SSgt. Blair. But thanks anyway!

Phantom Winger
10-11-08, 12:23 PM
Well, it's not the same Blair. My Drill Instructor was Sgt. Blair, not SSgt. Blair. But thanks anyway!

My bad - looks like I meritoriously promoted him..

Blair, Michael (MIGHTY MOUSE), Sgt (http://marines.*********************/usmc/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=Profile&type=Person&ID=193960)

Check the link in the PM tho' - says he was DI with I/3080 in 2008.

CJ Haynes
10-12-08, 10:25 PM
My bad - looks like I meritoriously promoted him..

Blair, Michael (MIGHTY MOUSE), Sgt (http://marines.*********************/usmc/servlet/tws.webapp.WebApp?cmd=Profile&type=Person&ID=193960)

Check the link in the PM tho' - says he was DI with I/3080 in 2008.

It won't let me on the site. After the Marines. it's just a bunch of astericks. I may have to put in a password or something to access the site.

Diep
10-13-08, 01:51 AM
Why are you trying to locate your Drill Instructors anyways? I've never even thought about searching for them on this forum. However I did run into one of my kill hats whenever I was at 29 Palms that was interesting. Sorry I'm getting off topic.

Phantom Winger
10-13-08, 09:44 AM
It won't let me on the site. After the Marines. it's just a bunch of astericks. I may have to put in a password or something to access the site.

PM me your email address... I'll send you an invite.

Phantom Winger
10-13-08, 09:46 AM
Why are you trying to locate your Drill Instructors anyways? I've never even thought about searching for them on this forum. However I did run into one of my kill hats whenever I was at 29 Palms that was interesting. Sorry I'm getting off topic.

I found mine after 25 yrs.... 1 of them is a retired MGYSGT and two of them are buried at Arlington. I guess as you get older you realize the profound effect they've had your life in such a relatively short time.

How's the weather over there, Diep?

PaidinBlood
10-13-08, 10:28 AM
You on MOL yet? You should just use their locator. I was bored and found your Sgt Blair (my buddy is also Sgt Michael Blair but he is at Quantico)

Diep
10-16-08, 05:34 AM
I found mine after 25 yrs.... 1 of them is a retired MGYSGT and two of them are buried at Arlington. I guess as you get older you realize the profound effect they've had your life in such a relatively short time.

How's the weather over there, Diep?

Yes I do agree with you on that one sargent. I still to this day remember all the things my drill instructors have taught me.

The weather in Iraq is pretty rough right now. Theres a massive sandstorm out and everything looks as though it has a red hue to it. Kind of like mars. (This is where I am currently) but if you meant 29 palms its pretty hot and dry last time I was there in '06

Marine1955
10-23-08, 08:06 AM
check this web site out it could help it's called ( together we served ) all one word lower case letters .com may help..Semper Fi brothers

temarti
10-23-08, 09:59 AM
You can find them both in global, one is still listed at MCRD, look them up and send an e-mail if you really want to get in touch with them

lemeeg
10-25-08, 06:34 PM
Looking for former members of Platoon 335, Easy Co., First Battalion at P.I. in summer of 1954. D.I.'s were: E. R. West, J. F. Osendott, M. D. Brock, C. B. Barrett and R. O. Haack.

My email: IrelandSailor@gmail.com

lemeeg
11-10-08, 09:32 AM
What's MOL?

itzs4m
11-13-08, 09:36 AM
marine online. it tells you your current paygrade and when you're how soon you're entitled for a promotion stuff like that.

Artemis
11-13-08, 09:51 AM
What's MOL?

Profile up so we all know who you are.

Danbro 54
12-05-08, 12:09 PM
I was in Platoon 3117 at MCRD San Diego from Sept 17, 1972 to December 20, 1972. My Senior Drill Instructor was SSGT Smith and one of my Drill Instructors was SGT Bilbo. I believe Sgt Bilbo later became a CWO. Anyone knows where they may be today? Is there anyone out there that may have gone thru bootcamp with me.

Riven37
12-05-08, 03:09 PM
US Marine Corps Drill Instructors Association
National Headquarters
PO Box 5401
Parris Island, SC 29905

CJ Haynes
12-21-08, 06:53 PM
Sooo has anyone managed to locate Sgt Blair from India Co. Plt. 3080 that graduated Oct 2008? He's the DI I'd really want to talk to again! :evilgrin:

Marine1955
01-07-09, 06:55 PM
this is a web site for all drill instrutor's that have served

US Marine Corps Drill Instructors Association
National Headquarters
PO Box 5401
Parris Island, SC 29905

RYDERKUR
01-07-09, 07:27 PM
Yea, your best bet is MOL; MarineOnline. You'll have to set it up sooner or later so when you do, you can get to finding them. It will probably provide a work phone and e-mail address. I would suggest emailing them at first.

SGT7477
01-07-09, 08:01 PM
Yea, your best bet is MOL; MarineOnline. You'll have to set it up sooner or later so when you do, you can get to finding them. It will probably provide a work phone and e-mail address. I would suggest emailing them at first.

How would you go about it if you only knew their last name?:flag:

RYDERKUR
01-07-09, 08:24 PM
How would you go about it if you only knew their last name?:flag:

Situation kind of dictates here in my thinking, Sergeant. There is also a search field for rank when you type in his last name, so that would narrow it down some. As in Hayne's situation, his DI is probably on the Drill Field still. When search results come up it also shows his current MOS, duty station, and unit; or as recruits pick up on, they probably know their DI's Fleet MOS so if he left the Drill Field, look for his possible current location and Fleet MOS. Kind of winded, but that would be my attack on your presented situation, Sergeant.

SGT7477
01-07-09, 08:56 PM
Situation kind of dictates here in my thinking, Sergeant. There is also a search field for rank when you type in his last name, so that would narrow it down some. As in Hayne's situation, his DI is probably on the Drill Field still. When search results come up it also shows his current MOS, duty station, and unit; or as recruits pick up on, they probably know their DI's Fleet MOS so if he left the Drill Field, look for his possible current location and Fleet MOS. Kind of winded, but that would be my attack on your presented situation, Sergeant.

Bro I go back to 1974 and if they happen to have been lifers their rank would have changed.:flag:

RYDERKUR
01-07-09, 09:13 PM
Bro I go back to 1974 and if they happen to have been lifers their rank would have changed.:flag:
Roger that Sergeant. I feel like a F'n idiot now. I thought you were trying to expound on the whole MOL thing. Like you say, their retirement days were probably still before MOL and who knows what their retired ranks were if they did life it. You got me stumped Sergeant, I guess the Drill Instructor Association idea above would be your best bet. :flag::beer:

danpost32
05-01-12, 08:54 AM
I was in Platoon 3117 at MCRD San Diego from Sept 17, 1972 to December 20, 1972. My Senior Drill Instructor was SSGT Smith and one of my Drill Instructors was SGT Bilbo. I believe Sgt Bilbo later became a CWO. Anyone knows where they may be today? Is there anyone out there that may have gone thru bootcamp with me.

I was in the same platoon with you back in 1972. My name is Daniel Postal and I enlisted with fellow marine who was in our same platoon named Patrick McBride. I don't know what became of SSGT Smith or SGT Bilco, but I will say Sgt John Bilbo made a lasting impression on me. He was one bad SOB and if I had to fight along someone, I'd still choose SGT Bilbo. You can email me at danpost32@yahoo.com

ChuckH
05-01-12, 09:04 AM
danpost32
Please fill out your profile more completely as mandated by the site rules.