PDA

View Full Version : AF Contract

Walking Cow
10-09-08, 08:07 AM
I saw it was Aircraft Maintanence, but does it cover crew chief? I was notified by another Marine that he had a AG contract to be crew chief. Many thanks.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-09-08, 01:26 PM
AF covers the mechs. My buddy signed on with that contract. However, you can be a mech first and go homegrown, be an AO (aerial observer) but you have to be bada$$ at the job and know your sh!t, plus the Corps has to need them. AG is the contract to go with if you want to be a crew chief.

Walking Cow
10-09-08, 10:30 PM
AF covers the mechs. My buddy signed on with that contract. However, you can be a mech first and go homegrown, be an AO (aerial observer) but you have to be bada$$ at the job and know your sh!t, plus the Corps has to need them. AG is the contract to go with if you want to be a crew chief.

Ok, so anyway I can change my contract? If I go to mech, fine, I can use it for a later career. Much appreciated.

Edit: I know I signed the contract. I know AF is the contract I signed. I will face life.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-10-08, 05:21 PM
You can still get a bada$$ job with that contract. Depending where you end up, it may be easier than you think to start flying. If you get hueys and cobras, it shouldnt be extremely hard because we've finally started introducing the 4 blade huey and cobra to the fleet. As far as changing your contract I have no idea talk to your recruiter.

Walking Cow
10-13-08, 11:46 PM
Thank you for your time Sir. I am hesitant to ask my recruiter about switching my Contract because I dont want him to think that I will DEPloss if I cant get it changed.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-14-08, 12:11 AM
Don't hesitate to talk to your recruiter- that is what he is there for.

Tell him that the job isn't what you wanted and you'd like to change it up. (Don't mention that you're fine with what you have, but also don't threaten to drop out if it doesn't happen.) If you're upfront and honest you'll be surprised how things can change. Maybe you have the contract because it is the closest he could get to what you wanted. Maybe they changed the designations recently and it means something else now. Just ask and see what he can do.

Walking Cow
10-15-08, 12:02 AM
Yes sir, I shall. Thanks for your advice, I will talk with him tomorrow before or after Poolee function.