PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter Issues

Fubar08
10-07-08, 12:59 PM
Ok, I didn't know where to turn to so I made a profile here so I could ask this question...Without getting into alot of details, this is basically my problem in a nutshell:

I've been with this recruiter for awhile now, and I've never had any problems. I was supposed to ship last month, and I flat out told him I didn't feel comfertable leaving in this physical condition. Im getting 3rd class PFT scores and they're trying to make me leave anyway. I don't want to get hurt or get dropped and waste my time or the DI's, so I asked if I could have more time to get ready. With alot of personal/family issues going on I havn't been training as hard as I should have been, so I havn't improved with my pull ups at all, but I've been losing weight and dropping my run times by several minutes, along with improving my crunches. Im scheduled to leave at the end of this month, so I got really moto cause I don't want to disappoint them again and went to the office recently to PT.

According to my recruiter I didn't show up on time (I go to the office at the same time everytime I go, and wasn't told to be there at a specific time). And he sounded ****ed off that I showed up to the office (no one was there). Another recruiter from a different branch called him to see what was up, I asked him not to bug him, he did anyway....He tells the recruiter to tell me to PT and walk all the way back home (About 13 miles there and back, not counting the PT session). When I told the other recruiter where I just walked from his response was ".....DAMN". Just to give you an idea of where I'm comming from.

So I PT, my recruiter still dosn't show up. One of the Marine recruiters comes backs and asks to talk to me about my "issue" with the other recruiter. I felt this was kind of un professional that he was getting involved in whatever "issue" we were having. In my opinion, if someone has a problem with me they can come talk to me about it, and not play telephone and have someone else talk to me about it. I feel even more strongly about this because this is a Marine. And he gave me a lesson about how if you have to handle some issue you talk man to man with the person. But then he pulls this crap.

Then I get the lecture about how I have responsibilities etc, and how "If I don't wanna do it, thats fine, they don't care what I do at this point" (talk about demotivating).

I said I wanted to do it, even though I had issues for the last couple months, I was pumped up and ready to go even if I was gonna get slaughtered. Then I get lectured more about how Im getting "babysitted". Even though I talk to my recruiter maybe once every 2 weeks, and see him maybe 2 times a month, if that. I can count the times I've PT'd with my recruiter on 1 hand, literally. He then ask if I felt I was being neglected, which I replied no, but in reality I should have told him yes. But didn't because he would have went and told everyone I was being a *****. I kept getting told to meet them half way, but they're making no effort to meet me half way. Unless extending my ship date is meeting me half way?

To me it's totally evident my recruiter said and did whatever he could do to get me to enlist, and then he drops off the face of the planet and is suddenly "busy and has a life outside of work". Even though in reality he's literally across the street getting drunk...Almost everyday. After all the glamourous speeches about how Marine poolees actually are cared about unlike the Army, how he would help me PT everyday, how they take care of their people, and how he would help me reach my goals. I flat out get shat on. Whenever I do do something with my recruiter or meet up with him I'm the one that has to innitiate whatever it is were doing. Which I think is wrong. For someone that's supposed to help me reach my goals you think he would do his part and "meet me half way". But he just acts busy... Everytime I go in there, no one is in there and they're just bsing.

Then I get told by this recruiter that whoever told me that fed me a "crock of ****". I straight up laughed because my recruiter was the one that told me all that, but I didn't say anything.... Obviously since this was my fault, I said I have nothing further to say and just left. At that point Im sure it was obvious I was ****ed off, so I left and tried to save face.

To me this encounter showed me my recruiter really dosn't care; at all. I kind of feel like he personally has no respect for me either, to say all this crap about me to other recruiters. And then to make me walk all the way home when he's literally across the street at the bar. To tell me to PT, and then run all the way home seems flat out cruel. It was obvious he was just trying to **** me off for extending my ship date. This isn't the first time I've felt this way, there's been several times, but this was the clincher.

Im pumped up to go and everything, but man this totally just demotivated the **** out of me. At this point I was wondering if you guys thought I should just keep it to myself and get ready to leave at the end of the month under this recruiter and get the title, or if I should go to another recruiting office?

:no:

PaidinBlood
10-07-08, 01:07 PM
Bro, I'm not gonna lie. You lost me somewhere around the second paragraph. Honestly, your recruiter doesn't have a blessed thing to do with this. Either you want it, or you don't. Either you are ready, or you never will be. Maybe he's doing his job and maybe he's not (I couldn't read any more of your whining so I don't know). Either way at the end of the day, he is a Marine. The question is how bad you want it. You want to hear my lame ass DEP story, PM me. Otherwise get yourself a nice straw and carry on.

Fubar08
10-07-08, 01:24 PM
Alright then. I guess every response is gonna be like this, so just delete the thread please.

Guess I'll just shut up and keep pushing.

amarine0311
10-07-08, 01:37 PM
I can not believe what I am reading. So it is the Corps fault you are so f*cked up?? I hope you do ship...I would love to see your whining ass on the Island. You are so weak an individual that even the recruiters don't want you!!!
Go join the boy scouts..oops, I mean Air Force. I seriously doubt you could even hack it with them.