PDA

View Full Version : Da Gunny's Stripes Off Discussions.

Hercules1944
10-07-08, 03:40 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/Hercules1944/IMG-3-1.jpg

Interesting chit-chat came up on the MOS thread, completely off topic. So, here it is. Grab a beer, take the stripes off, and let's talk Marine Corps. I'm just an old man and do not know what is going on these days.

The Corps is in my heart til the day they plant me and I get Guard Duty at the gate. Semper Fi Marines.:iwo:

PaidinBlood
10-07-08, 05:43 AM
Nice picture. I like to harass them when I'm home but the AF are some pretty decent guys. Certainly a different world, but professional nonetheless.

Achped
10-07-08, 06:23 AM
lol I like to harass them when we're deployed. There were a couple A1C's in the PX over here and they had horrible weapon's handling, they no **** shoved a barrel of their m16 into my leg.

What's going on in the Corps? Not much gunny. Just kicking ass and taking names.

PaidinBlood
10-07-08, 06:39 AM
they had horrible weapon's handling, they no **** shoved a barrel of their m16 into my leg.

Yeah I should probably specify that they are professionals in THEIR field, not mine. :)

Hercules1944
10-07-08, 07:03 AM
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983

Kid you not folks. General Vessey actually made them comments. He is retired and living in the Deerwood, Minnesota area. I have met him a few times. One hell of an Army General. Also, a much revered speaker in this area for veterans.

BTW: I was on Grenada, a long story.

Hercules1944
10-07-08, 07:19 AM
:p http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s188/Hercules1944/IMG_0003-1.jpg

Aboard the USS Guam-LPH9, pre Grenada invasion.

Hercules1944
10-07-08, 07:40 AM
What's going on in the Corps? Not much gunny. Just kicking ass and taking names.

My kind of Marine. Kick ass and take numbers, then off to the brig.:D