PDA

View Full Version : Dep

FloresMarin
10-06-08, 07:07 PM
Hi my name is Karen and Im in the DEP, I have been reading some of the threads but didn't find an answer to my question. I was wondering can you still get married while you are in the DEP or do you have to wait till you are done with bootcamp? thanks for your time.

Marine84
10-06-08, 09:10 PM
Take it from a woman - DO NOT GET MARRIED YET! 1) you're only 18 - you aren't even allowed to drink liguor yet! 2) Once you walk through that great big candy store, you're going to forget allllllll about Johnny back on the block!

THAT AINT IT
10-07-08, 11:56 AM
Seriously...what is it with poolees and wanting to get married so young? Marriage should be the last thing on your mind.

Isrowei
10-07-08, 12:01 PM
There is no prohibition to marriage in the DEP. However, you should tell your recruiter as it will change your enlistment package and might require some additional paperwork.

Check with your recruiter.

Pete0331
10-07-08, 12:18 PM
There is no prohibition to marriage in the DEP. However, you should tell your recruiter as it will change your enlistment package and might require some additional paperwork.

I can almost guarantee that it will change your contract.

If you want to get married wait until you get to your first duty station at least. It will be much easier then. The 1stSgt can knock out all the paperwork at once: BAH, Comrats, pay, etc.
Don't get married without giving advance warning to your command.
Don't get married on your leave block after Boot Camp.
Don't get married at MCT or MOS school.

You wouldn't be seeing much of your spouse the 1st year of your enlistment anyway. True love is willing to wait.

0231Marine
10-08-08, 08:20 AM
I can almost guarantee that it will change your contract.

If you want to get married wait until you get to your first duty station at least. It will be much easier then. The 1stSgt can knock out all the paperwork at once: BAH, Comrats, pay, etc.
Don't get married without giving advance warning to your command.
Don't get married on your leave block after Boot Camp.
Don't get married at MCT or MOS school.

You wouldn't be seeing much of your spouse the 1st year of your enlistment anyway. True love is willing to wait.

Good Advice...What he said!