PDA

View Full Version : Medical drop from boot?

Wigglesdabro
10-06-08, 06:33 PM
Hey guys its me again another question about my brother he has been writing back more the problem is he has been to medical twice for an ingrown toenail and an upper respiratory infection, he is not the type of person who would go to skimp out on PT or drill he is the type of recruit that wouldnt want to go unless his DI made him. My question is, they have told him after three trips to medical you get dropped and sent home, is this true? If it is true would they send him home or just roll him? If hes sent home can he go back? I just need all the info on this situation you can offer. Thanks so much for your time.

Marine84
10-06-08, 08:58 PM
Hint for the toenail - tell him to get a Qtip, tear off just a tiny little bit of the tip, and use his fingernail/little straight thingie on a pair of clippers/whatever to put that little piece of cotton under the corner of the nail that's trying to grow into the skin. It will hurt like a b!tch but it will guide the nail out and he can cut it properly.

Couldn't tell you about the 3 strikes you're out thing. Tell him good luck.

Wigglesdabro
10-06-08, 09:22 PM
thanks man i will relay that on to him, if anyone could my real worry is the three medical trips your out.

Artemis
10-06-08, 09:35 PM
Just an FYI Marine84 is not a man. Please show the due respect, and that goes to any Marine that you are talking to or addressing in any manner.

Wigglesdabro
10-06-08, 09:44 PM
Humblest apologies corporal.

CarolinaMarine
10-06-08, 10:38 PM
I was told in medical, and the Navy hospital that its 3 strikes for pneumonia. If you get pneumonia 3 times and require actual medical attention then your out. If they catch pneumonia soon enough they usually quarantine you for like 12-24 hours and its good to go. My pneumonia started with an upper respiratory infection, tell him to keep watching that.

I can't speak for anything else. If you define medical as the daily sick call and what not, no you can go more then 3 times without anything happening except being ripped by your Drill Instructors.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-06-08, 11:08 PM
Unless things have changed a great deal that isn't the case. While in boot camp I went to medical for an ingrown toenail, a dislocated knee cap, a fall off of the cargo net, cellulitis in my foot, and a fall on the stairs that required several stitches in my head. If they let my accident prone behind graduate I don't think he needs to worry unless the upper respiratory infection turns into something more serious.

Wigglesdabro
10-06-08, 11:19 PM
thank you both very much both posts were very settling.