PDA

View Full Version : Leatherneck Magazine

Calvin09
10-05-08, 11:45 PM
I had picked up my first copy of Leatherneck magazine back in February of this year and I loved it!! I'm sure some of you Marines know what it is, but, according to the subscription cards in the magazine, you can only subscribe to it if you are a Marine. Could I as a civilian be able to subscribe to it? Or can Marines only subscribe? Any replies are appreciated.

Wyoming
10-05-08, 11:56 PM
I had picked up my first copy of Leatherneck magazine back in February of this year and I loved it!! I'm sure some of you Marines know what it is, but, according to the subscription cards in the magazine, you can only subscribe to it if you are a Marine. Could I as a civilian be able to subscribe to it? Or can Marines only subscribe? Any replies are appreciated.

WTF, are you for real, and is this truly a question, or are you simply looking to see how long it takes for the flame to reach your arse?

Calvin09
10-06-08, 12:05 AM
WTF, are you for real, and is this truly a question, or are you simply looking for the flame to reach your arse?

Do you mean that you think I'm trying to deliberatly p*** you guys off? Because I'm not, I worded that whole thing wrong. I meant to say, are there any other ways that I could get the magazine, like maybe through a recruiter or something? I only came across that first one back in February by chance, I wouldn't know where to get another one. Is there anyplace like online line or something where I could buy it or something?

0231Marine
10-06-08, 07:34 AM
WTF, are you for real, and is this truly a question, or are you simply looking to see how long it takes for the flame to reach your arse?

Unfortunately, he is for real! I'm not one to drop dimes on people but this pool(ee) needs to understand that there are some things you don't ask people and there are ways to phrase questions. I've already PM'd him after repeatedly asking me the same things so if one of the monitors would like to handle this, by all means!

Some examples of questions from Calvin09...

You said you fought in both Fallujah and Ramadi? You must have seen some serious combat. Would I ever actually be ordered to kill civilians?

I had seen a video of this year's winter soldier investigation, and they were saying that every day they were over in Iraq and Afghanistan that they would be ordered to carry out attacks on civilians. One was saying that if one person opens up on them, that they have to kill everyone. Is any of this true? Supposedly 1000s of civvies die every week.

I read all of this crap on the net about "atrocities" that you guys supposedly commit.

You were in the Battles of Ramadi and Fallujah? What units were you with and could you tell me about some of your experiences?

Just to ask, have you fought and what units were you with in Iraq? How many civilians have died in this war? Also, if you have been over there, I know I already addressed this issue, but, are war crimes a common occurence over there?

Now for the Holy Crap question...I have heard rumors that Al Qaeda doesn't exist, is that true or have you guys found materials and stuff like that in houses?

My response was along the lines of, "What planet have you been on since 9/11?"

Also, do the insurgents really use civilians as shields and hide in buildings full of civilians so that we can't fire on them? Lastly, Is it true that most of the guys who we are fighting over there are Sunnis and foreign fighters like syrians, jordanians, lebanese, iranians, saudis, egyptians, yemenis, sudanese, guys like that?

Marine84
10-06-08, 07:54 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh hell! Some of you kids crack me the fk up! Keep playing with your PSIII Calvin.