PDA

View Full Version : Please help quick question

JohnC92
10-05-08, 09:33 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums so hey! Anyways I had a question that has been concerning me, I have been diagnosed with ADHD and Tourette's Syndrome, i was diagnosed when I was about 10. They do not affect my performance at all and I know this because of my grade in school (GPA is above 3.6)(I am a junior in High School), and I have done stuff that is demanding like play football and stuff and the Tourette's or the ADHD doesn't affect me one bit. I was wondering if these conditions would keep me from joining the Marines.

Please Help
-John

Impaler396
10-07-08, 04:58 PM
Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order. Even the chance that your diagnosed medical conditions could flare up in highly stressfull situations could put you in the position to cause yourself and those around you to lose their lives. While high school sports can be stressfull, they pale in comparison to having an enemy attempting to kill you. Please try to find a career where you can shine without endangering your fellows.

Phantom Winger
10-07-08, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately, Tourette's Syndrome is a permanent disqualifying factor. They won't waiver it.

Marine84
10-08-08, 03:52 PM
That ADHD must really be getting to you - haven't you posted this question before? Do you think you'll get different answers?

JohnC92
10-08-08, 06:28 PM
I only posted it in two different places because I didn't know if many people read this one, and I told you already that my ADHD is not a problem so why would it be getting to me?

Marine84
10-08-08, 08:46 PM
Well then, we have 2 kids that have ADHD AND Tourettes? I find that hard to believe. I wasn't talking about the 2 threads you started a couple of days ago. It was a while back under another name.

sparkie
10-08-08, 08:49 PM
I'll say it for 84,,,,,,,, Build yourself a life,,,,,,, Sorry.

ke0331
10-08-08, 09:56 PM
JOHNC92,
You might want to think of another career field.If the Marine Corps was easy to get into everyone would want to be here. Play the cards your dealt. Suck it up and stick it out. Good luck.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". George Orwell