10-04-08, 11:59 AM
very motivational...that is so funny

:beer:

Isrowei
10-04-08, 02:39 PM
yut!

SGT7477
10-04-08, 04:30 PM
Never heard that before must be something new,lmfao.

Pete0331
10-04-08, 05:32 PM
what is yut yut?

A telltale sign of a minor seizure.

Osotogary
10-04-08, 06:15 PM
Actually, a Yut is a neutered Yak. Yut Yut is just two of them. NOT. LOL.

Refer to The Urban Dictionary; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yut

1. a motivational word used in the U.S. Military, similar to the word oorah - often used when one is either too lazy or not motivated enough to say oorah or other popular word of motivation.

2. used when in a large group of military members. When they shout a motivational term on cue, some may shout "YUT!" instead, and often in a sharp, awkward voice, just to stand out.
When the Master Sergeant tells a lower-ranking Marine to complete a task, one who is new would likely shout "oorah!" to sound motivated. But a Marine who has been in longer may likely shout "Yut!" instead to show his motivation.

JetPilotB767
10-04-08, 07:53 PM
This is a New Generation marine term never existed in the Old Corps

Isrowei
10-04-08, 08:29 PM
Actually, a Yut is a neutered Yak. Yut Yut is just two of them. NOT. LOL.

Refer to The Urban Dictionary; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yut

1. a motivational word used in the U.S. Military, similar to the word oorah - often used when one is either too lazy or not motivated enough to say oorah or other popular word of motivation.

2. used when in a large group of military members. When they shout a motivational term on cue, some may shout "YUT!" instead, and often in a sharp, awkward voice, just to stand out.
When the Master Sergeant tells a lower-ranking Marine to complete a task, one who is new would likely shout "oorah!" to sound motivated. But a Marine who has been in longer may likely shout "Yut!" instead to show his motivation.

The 2nd definition is... off.

First one is more accurate.

eckel
10-05-08, 11:14 AM
That is funny

My unit uses that word ALL the time in the shop. I had no idea what it ment so i never used it, but now that i know, haha:marine:

ecfree
10-05-08, 08:38 PM
JetPilotB767,you need to beef up your profile..:evilgrin:

PaidinBlood
10-05-08, 08:46 PM
That is funny

My unit uses that word ALL the time in the shop. I had no idea what it ment so i never used it, but now that i know, haha:marine:

Careful, boss. yut is like any other weapon in the arsenal- don't go usin it if you don't know how or why.. lol. some crusty old bastard'll snatch you up. :beer: