PDA

View Full Version : Pvt. Wu boot experience.

itzs4m
10-04-08, 01:17 AM
This is my first post so I thought it my be appropriate to start it off with an inspirational story from MCRPI. It was during second phase where I started to suffer from bronchitis, its been an on and off kind of ordeal. Near the end of second phase my company went on a 7.5 mile hump around Page field, near the end of the hump I was starting to get dizzy and it was hard for me to breathe, at that instance I had a feeling that I was going to fallout or pass out on the hump. We make the last turn heading back to the barracks, all I remember was running towards the barracks, I didn't want to fall back so I kept pushing myself, and I my brain just kind of blacked out. I woke up in the ambulance in an ice bath. When I got back, I was told that I made it through the whole hump I was so dizzy and drained one of my brothers tried to walk me to a water spigot then I just totally fell to the ground and passed out with a 108.9 degree fever. Usually your brain starts to fry at 104, but 108.9 was unbelievable. The most unbelievable thing was that I was perfectly normal afterwards. The doctors at the hospital in Beaufort told me that If I ever made it out of boot camp, that they'd put a plaque up for me. I don't know if they did or not but it doesn't matter. But I'm truly thankful that God was with me on that hike, and he guided me through the finish line even when I don't remember I finished. If it wasn't for Him I'd probably wouldn't be a Marine right now. Through this experience, I truly cherish my title as a US Marine even though it was embarrassing to take the "Silver Bullet" but I was passed out so it doesn't count. Ooh Rah.

Pvt. Wu
USMC

Wyoming
10-04-08, 01:32 AM
Great story & congrats.

Now, iffen you please, fill out your profile.

yellowwing
10-04-08, 01:33 AM
Semper Fi Marine. That Never Quit attitude is part of what bonds us together for generations. To most people your story is incredible. To Marines its a re-affirmation of Character. Well done.
:usmc:

jinelson
10-04-08, 03:45 PM
Thats Moto Marine!

Jim

SGT7477
10-04-08, 04:19 PM
Semper FI Brother, Welcome Aboard.