PDA

View Full Version : United States Marine Corps Appearal.

Rains
10-02-08, 04:16 PM
Hello,
I have a question pertaining to wearing shirts that say Marine Corps on them, my Grandma got me two shirts, and two posters that have "Marine Corps" on the front and some illustrations I guess(I havent got them yet).
So, I wanted to know if I should'nt wear them or hang them until I am a Marine. I have heard conflicting responses when it comes to this subject so I just wanted to bounce it off you all and see what you think.

-Rains

darkgreen0311
10-02-08, 04:25 PM
There's really nothing wrong with it. Also wear it to boot camp the D.I's will love your motivation. Just kidding don't wear it to boot camp. You'd probably pay dearly for it. LoL

:marine:SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

Rains
10-02-08, 04:29 PM
There's really nothing wrong with it. Also wear it to boot camp the D.I's will love your motivation. Just kidding don't wear it to boot camp. You'd probably pay dearly for it. LoL

:marine:SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

Yes... I have read many a thread with this suggested. :confused:

Lets just say I know what not to wear to Boot Camp now.

...But Awsome! I will wear them then! :D

FutureBootLouie
10-02-08, 04:50 PM
Hello,
I have a question pertaining to wearing shirts that say Marine Corps on them, my Grandma got me two shirts, and two posters that have "Marine Corps" on the front and some illustrations I guess(I havent got them yet).
So, I wanted to know if I should'nt wear them or hang them until I am a Marine. I have heard conflicting responses when it comes to this subject so I just wanted to bounce it off you all and see what you think.

-Rains

1st of all - you can wear whatever you choose. This is a democratic, free country.

2nd of all - I'm a huge Packers fan, if I wear my Packer's cap, am I impersonating the Packers, or do I just like them?

think about it.

Rains
10-02-08, 04:54 PM
1st of all - you can wear whatever you choose. This is a democratic, free country.

2nd of all - I'm a huge Packers fan, if I wear my Packer's cap, am I impersonating the Packers, or do I just like them?

think about it.

Good point, I just wanted to make shure I wouldnt p*ss any Marines off wearing it. :p

Phantom Blooper
10-02-08, 04:57 PM
Rains,

Wear them with PRIDE and hang them them up in your hooch for reminded motivation. If asked before graduating boot camp if you are a Marine tell the person NO. If you are a poolee tell them the day you ship to the MCRD.

Do not claim to be something your not...but,there is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt or having Marine Corps memorabilia to support our cause.:evilgrin:

Rains
10-02-08, 06:38 PM
Rains,

Wear them with PRIDE and hang them them up in your hooch for reminded motivation. If asked before graduating boot camp if you are a Marine tell the person NO. If you are a poolee tell them the day you ship to the MCRD.

Do not claim to be something your not...but,there is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt or having Marine Corps memorabilia to support our cause.:evilgrin:

Aye Aye Staff Sergeant. :banana:

mrbsox
10-02-08, 06:47 PM
Rains,

And add that 'wear them with pride' goes beyond the motivation (we hope) you carry in your spirit. Wear them in a RESPECTFUL manner.

Tucked in is optional, but my personal preference It pi$$es the C.O. off when I add my shirt garters to my 'T' shirts, but keeps them in, and my socks up.

A belt in your trousers or jeans (up where they belong) :thumbup:

Show the respect, that you will EARN, once you wear the uniform.

BR34
10-02-08, 06:53 PM
I'm a huge Packers fan

We all have our faults, Cpl.

Old Marine
10-02-08, 08:03 PM

think about it.

What is a "Huge Packers Fan."

FutureBootLouie
10-02-08, 08:19 PM

Somebody who supports the Green Bay Packers football team.

Marine84
10-02-08, 08:54 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA! :beer: You get a beer!

Troutzilla
10-02-08, 09:01 PM
Somebody who supports the Green Bay Packers football team.

HUGELY.....

I support the Packers as well and Rains choice to wear his Marine shirts

SEMPER FI

:flag:

rvillac2
10-02-08, 09:33 PM
Also look at it as a marketing tool. If people ask you about it, you can start pitching them on enlisting, too.

Honestly, the only thing that would **** off Marines is the improper wearing of our uniform or the wearing of decorations that someone doesn't rate.

True Story:
Some clown wore a USMC cammie uniform (woodlands) with Sgt chevrons, work boots, and an unsat haircut in Disneyland! I overheard him telling another guest that he just got off duty from 29palms, is an officer, and drives an M4A1 tank (yes, that's M4). He was clearly mental.
Ended up having a cop interrogate him and determine what he was up to. He admitted to being a medical drop from boot and was just posing. The cop made him strip off the blouse and sent him home. OOHRAH.

Rains
10-02-08, 10:06 PM
:thumbup: Good To Go! :thumbup:

JordanB
10-03-08, 03:52 AM
if you earn the title then you're never gonna wear that moto **** again, atleast not anywhere near a base.

0231Marine
10-03-08, 07:21 AM
Like it was said earlier, do not wear any of those shirts to bootcamp...you will eat so much dirt those first few days that it won't be worth it.

Some humor for those that have been...

We had a kid show up with a huge Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattoo on his back (shoulder blade to shoulder blade). The drill instructors nearly **** a brick. Needless to say, they found many reasons throughout bootcamp to give him the special attention he deserved.