MillRatUSMC
05-23-03, 10:57 PM
http://www.henrymarkholzer.com/hanoijane.net/images/bookcover.jpg

While reading this months American Legion magazine feature story;
"Miltary FAKES & FRAUDS"
This book was meantioned.
From the website for this book.
http://www.henrymarkholzer.com/hanoijane.net/

During the Vietnam War, Jane Fonda journeyed to Hanoi. She met with senior Communist civilian and military officials, held press conferences, toured sites of alleged bombing, "interviewed" American prisoners of war and, most important, made a series of propaganda broadcasts (tapes of which were incessantly played to our POWs).
By examining Fonda's childhood motivations, her radicalization, her POW "audience," her activities in North Vietnam, and through a detailed analysis of the American law of treason, "Aid and Comfort" makes the case that more than sufficient evidence existed to indict and convict Jane Fonda for the crime of treason.
In addition, the book reveals the shocking story of how, and why, the House Committee on Internal Security and the Nixon Department of Justice swept Fonda's conduct under the bureaucratic rug so that she would never be indicted. The appendix to "Aid and Comfort": Jane Fonda in North Vietnam contains the text of Fonda's broadcasts from North Vietnam.

My note;
Nixon was staunch anti-communists, yet his Department of Justice and the House Committee on Internal Security swept Fonda's conduct under the bureaucratic rug so that she would never be indicted.
My question;
What forces cause this to happen,
Is there more than what meets the eye?
Another question;
Has the limits on bring her to justice been exhusted?
Only she knows what she did and the why of it.
Will she burn in hell for her giving "Aid and Comfort" to the North Vietnamese.

"Miltary FAKES & FRAUDS" deals with all the fakes stealing the valor of veterans.
It's a good read.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo
Nam 65, 66 and 1967.

MillRatUSMC
05-23-03, 11:00 PM
Will check tomorrow if my library stocks this book.
If they don't , I will be buying it.
I'm not selling this book or I'm getting any kickback.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
05-24-03, 09:39 PM
From that site on Hanio Jane...
There's forgiveness and there's legal forgiveness;
Legal forgiveness;

Legal forgiveness, however, is an entirely different matter. The law is quite clear that forgiveness has no place in assessing liability for one's acts (though it may be somewhat relevant as to punishment). Under the law, one is either liable civilly or guilty criminally - or not. The law does not, nor should it, "forgive." It is the duty of the law only to assess culpability or its absence. Thus, when viewing the case of Hanoi Jane from a legal perspective, there is no room for the concept of "forgiveness." Either Jane Fonda committed treason, or she did not. If she did, the law does not forgive. And if she did, even a genuine apology would be wholly irrelevant. Were it otherwise, make it real what this would mean. Added to the seemingly unlimited modern defenses to criminal conduct - for example, abuse as a child, drunkenness, "diminished" mental capacity, youth, discrimination - would be the "apology defense": I'm really sorry that I broadcast enemy propaganda to American troops and prisoners, that I met with some POWs, that I fraternized with senior North Vietnamese civilian and military leaders, that I held press conferences around the world and lauded the Communists and attacked America, that I provided Communist journalists and photographers with major photo opportunities, that I used my celebrity to advance the enemy's cause. I'm sorry, and so you can't touch me."
Well, friends, it doesn't work that way.
Sorry about that.

Continue...

MillRatUSMC
05-24-03, 09:40 PM
Another bit;
Friedman's characterization of Fonda's propagandizing for America's Communist enemies during a shooting war as a mere "experience," rather than as the reprehensible act it was, set the stage for his last paragraph: "This reporter knows that every time Fonda's name has appeared here, we have been inundated with 'Hanoi Jane emails. Instead of pushing that button at the bottom of this page, think for a minute about the incredible body of work Fonda created as an actress . . . the good she's done to help people around the world, and whether you ever said or did anything in your youth which you regret now."
Translation: Despite what Fonda did in North Vietnam she was a successful actress (a classic non sequitur), she's helped unnamed people in unnamed ways in unnamed places (surely not American POWs at the Hanoi Hilton), she was a mere "youth" (35 years old) when she went to North Vietnam, and, presumably, she regrets what she did there.

Continue...

MillRatUSMC
05-24-03, 09:43 PM
What she didn't do;
Please excuse the generic response, but I have been swamped with so many e-mails on the subject of the Jane Fonda article (Carrigan, Driscoll, strips of paper, torture and deaths of POWs, etc.) that I have to resort to this pre-scripted rebuttal. The truth is that none of this ever happened. This is a hoax story placed on the internet by unknown Fonda haters. No one knows who initiated the story. Please assist by not propagating the story. Fonda did enough bad things to assure her a correct place in the garbage dumps of history. We don. t want to be party to false stories, which could be used as an excuse that her real actions didn. t really happen either. I have spoken with all the parties named: Carrigan, Driscoll, et al. They all state that this particular story is a hoax and wish to disassociate their names from the false story. They never made the statements attributed to them. Systematic torture of POWs by the North Vietnamese did slow down in late 1969, after Ho Chi Minh died. Some camps were devoid of torture after 1969, but several individuals continued to be brutally tortured for information and propaganda. Fonda. s visit was in [July] 1972. Treatment was starting to improve at the time of her visit, but at least one POW was hung by his broken arm to force him to go before Ms. Fonda (name withheld by request). Even the last POW shot down and captured, 1/27/73 was brought to Hanoi and brutally tortured& only two weeks before the first release of prisoners. You are welcome to forward this rebuttal to the Carrigan story, as you like. No acknowledgment of this note is required. Thank you.
Mike McGrath, President of NAM-POWs

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

arzach
06-08-03, 09:05 AM
Screw the pig-*****..may she rot in hell...

No, I'm not in a 'friendly' mood today..and this just lit a major fuse

thedrifter
06-08-03, 10:38 AM
"MONEY TALKS, BS WALKS, IF SHE HAD BEEN ANYBODY ELSE, SHE WOULD BE IN THE CROSSBAR HOTEL."

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

marinemom
06-08-03, 03:35 PM
Nothing wrong with Hanoi Jane that an autopsy wouldn't cure

Motor-T
06-29-03, 11:37 PM
mom I can't believe what I am seeing!!!!!!!!!! You said her name.
I hope it was just an error on your part.