PDA

View Full Version : When do I talk to a Marine Recruiter?

busket108
10-01-08, 11:51 AM
I decided about a week and a half ago that i am going to become a Marine. The problem is that I have 80 lbs. to lose. I just began my new lifestyle of eating right and daily exercise when i made the decision that its time to do something meaningful with my life. I was able to lose 11 lbs. my first week, though its not much, I am proud of it. My goal is to me within the height/weight requirements in the next 6-8 months. My question is when when is the best time for me to meet with a recruiter? I would like to meet with one as soon as possible, but I'm afraid that if I was to go as I am now I might just get blown off, or not taken seriously. Also I was wondering if that is a realistic time frame for loosing the weight? Keeping in mind I am male, 5'5", and 28 years old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OB MSG
10-01-08, 12:36 PM
Well, I give you credit for losing the 11 lbs you've lost already, only 69 to go by my count. Keep at it and you will get there. 6-8 months is not unreasonable if you stick to it. Best thing I can suggest is to do lots of cardio, low weight/high rep work outs, and stay away from the junk food. Do some searching on here and you will find plenty of ideas and advice on dropping weight and getting in shape for Boot.

As for talking to a recruiter, I say go now. He/she can work with you and get you on a program to help drop the weight, also you can gain motivation from the other Poolees and wannabes.

Keep marching and you will get there!

sscjoe
10-01-08, 12:39 PM
Welcome aboard Bobby. I noticed on your profile that you have college. Did you graduate? It doesn't really matter if you didn't. I would go a speak to a Recruiter at the earliest possible time, like...

boomer56328
10-01-08, 01:16 PM
I joined from college and although I wasn't in bad shape, I was a D-Lineman on the football team and was over the weight limit. My Recruiter helped me lose the weight that I needed to and I did it pretty quick. It doesn't hurt to go talk to him.

busket108
10-01-08, 01:37 PM
I had been going to school part-time since i was 19 and stopped about 3 years ago. I believe i have around 80 credit hours. I didn't put much effort into it and barely got by with b's and c's. Come to think of it, I haven't really put much effort into anything in my life. Except maybe trying to find a fresh bag of bud. Most of my time was spent hanging out with my friends, playing video games, and getting stoned. Something just clicked in my head a week ago and now i want this more than anything I've ever wanted. So now here i am, clear-eyed, hungry, and every muscle is sore from the PT'ing...And it feels great.

Petz
10-01-08, 01:54 PM
canton... canton, which state? and keep up with it.

busket108
10-01-08, 05:41 PM
Ga

Phantom Blooper
10-01-08, 06:17 PM
Go see a local recruiter now.....PT on your own and ask if you can join them for PT sessions also. Stay hydrated and eat sensibly....diet,but not starvation...if you have access to a gym and pull up start using them.:evilgrin: