PDA

View Full Version : What will MEPS say?

aarmstrong08
09-28-08, 06:32 PM
How are yall doin? I have a question that has probably already been answered but couldnt find it.. I am 23 years old and when i was born I had aeortic stenosis aka heart murmur, at 6 months old it was surgically fixed from then I had to go get a check up once a year and every year they came back great with no problems, I was able to do whatever I wanted including sports.. I went to the recruiting station last week and told them about my surgery and they got my medical records and made me fill out a Pre-Enlistment package to send to MEPS. All the recruiters in the station keep getting my hopes up by saying that they will accept me cause it was so long ago with no issues. I havent heard anything from MEPS yet, hopefully within the next few days we will.. From all of yalls experience, what do yall think MEPS will say? I want this as bad as yall did when yall joined, any answers will be greatly appreciated. thank you alex

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
09-28-08, 08:02 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

click that. read rule number one.

aarmstrong08
09-29-08, 05:45 PM
Did I say something wrong to not get anyones opinion? Im just curious on what you guys think that MEPS will say, the anticipation is killing me...

yellowwing
09-29-08, 05:49 PM
Read the Poolee Hall rules (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) posted as "Stickies". Along with the Rules that all abide by, there is some great information.

As far as MEPS, its just one of those things you don't know until it comes down. Meanwhile you can still run, crunch, pull-up, and swim.

aarmstrong08
10-09-08, 12:22 PM
just got the call today from the recruiter that MEPS did accept me, now on for the fun stuff there haha. Just one question, which ASVAB test do you think I should take, Im not the best on tests, the paper or CAT version? I have enough confidence that I can pass it, I just want yalls opinion. Which one do you think would be the best for me?

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-09-08, 01:28 PM
I didn't know there was an option other than a paper test. Its probably all the same, just take the danm test.

aarmstrong08
10-09-08, 01:39 PM
yep theres 2 types, like I said paper or CAT. CAT is on the computer which I heard is harder. Geez man just asked a question, isnt that why this is here? That's twice now that you have been rude to me, if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say nothing at all..

Marine84
10-10-08, 08:11 AM
Geez man just asked a question, isnt that why this is here? That's twice now that you have been rude to me, if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say nothing at all..

Are you fking kidding me?

First - you NEVER call a Marine on this site "man" - you may call him/her "Sir/Ma'am" or you may call him/her by their rank.

Second - you must not have enough confidence to do anything because you're asking US what's right for YOU! What do YOU think is right for you?

Third - stand by for the guys......................

0231Marine
10-10-08, 09:01 AM
yep theres 2 types, like I said paper or CAT. CAT is on the computer which I heard is harder. Geez man just asked a question, isnt that why this is here? That's twice now that you have been rude to me, if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say nothing at all..

Good, there's two types, then take both. Or take the one you think you're most proficient at. If you think the computer one is harder, take the paper test!

Secondly, "Geez Man" is not going to get you crap around here. That's fine when talking to your fellow poolees but like 84 said, you sure as hell better address the Marines with the respect that we've earned. You also better develop some tougher skin if someone telling you to take the damn test offended you. I can just see you in bootcamp...

DI - "Come here recruit!"

You - "Geez Man"

DI - "WTF did you just say!"

You - "You were rude to me"

End result is you taking a trip to medical and then over to dental because you "fell down the stairs"

Maybe you should just stay home and watch Bambi instead of taking the friggin test anyways!

aarmstrong08
10-10-08, 10:43 AM
haha thanks guys for all of your help it is much appreciated!!

aarmstrong08
10-10-08, 10:44 AM
lol thanks

BR34
10-10-08, 08:43 PM
I didn't know there was an option other than a paper test. Its probably all the same, just take the danm test.

**** man, I just had to look you up on MOL. I thought for sure your profile was bogus. But I was wrong.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-10-08, 11:05 PM
Haha, it's a true profile unfortunatly. Managed to get myself into some trouble a couple times but I can't say I haven't earned the punishments given. Pretty sure I'd get in trouble again if I were to meet this aarmstrong kid right now.