PDA

View Full Version : MOS 6099- Aerial gunner

Walking Cow
09-28-08, 11:40 AM
I pulled a search to find a job about a month ago and I found MOS 6099 to be the one I wanted. However, when I searched for it again today to find a lil' more info on it. It was no where to be found. Im heading for MEPs the second time this month on Tuesday the 30th. I had to get a waiver and it just processed through. Anybody have any clues as to its whereabouts? Recruiting office closed over weekends. Thanks in advance.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
09-28-08, 12:18 PM
MOS 6199 - - Enlisted Aircrew/Aerial Observer/Gunner
Thats probably what your talking about, theres no 6099 that I know of. If what you're lookin for is to go shoot sh!t in the sky, why not go crew chief. Get on a huey with a minigun and you'll never want to do anything else again.

03devildog
09-28-08, 08:19 PM
Can i get some guidence on how i can lat move from an 0311 to a 6199? im getting ready to talk to the CRS and all i want to do for the next 3-4 years is to be a door gunner. What all is there to do'; requirements, schools? Also if the lat move is not approved is there another way i can get that mos, or just get on a helo. ive spent enough time on the ground now i want to fly.

ecfree
09-28-08, 08:29 PM
03devildog,,be careful what you wish for..
You need to beef up your profile..:beer:

Walking Cow
09-29-08, 08:44 AM
MOS 6199 - - Enlisted Aircrew/Aerial Observer/Gunner
Thats probably what your talking about, theres no 6099 that I know of. If what you're lookin for is to go shoot sh!t in the sky, why not go crew chief. Get on a huey with a minigun and you'll never want to do anything else again.

Yep thats the one, sorry for the trouble. Thanks sir. Also, can a Private be a crew chief?

Alex1990
09-30-08, 05:44 PM
Hello Marines, I just got off the phone with a Marine Corps recruiter and asked if I am allowed to join the Marines as a 6099. His response was, "what was your ASVAB Score" I replied with Mid 60's and all 'Line Scores' above 100. and he told me I needed a 110 GT to become a Crew Chief, which I guess is what the MOS Stated above is. As some of you know, I'm currently in the Army DEP and trying to DEP Loss, I called my recruiter and asked what my GT Score was and he replied 107. Am I S.O.L Marines? or are there was to get around this, like a waiver or anything. If not, I'm sure I will be happy as a 0331 or 0311 which are my other choices.

19lbs away from being able to enlist, last week it was 23 I believe!

So I know the boots are big and hard to fill, but I promise you I will be there soon!:usmc:

~Alex

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-01-08, 12:24 AM
If you want to be a crew chief you need an AG contract

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-01-08, 12:30 AM
Yes a PVT can be a crew chief, depending on why you are though. I got myself in trouble with alcohol involved a couple of times, don't do that they won't let you fly anymore. As far as the lat move question, figure out what aircraft you want to fly on and go from there. I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard to come to the huey side, we just introduced the new 4 blade to the fleet finally. That would be a 6174 which is what I am. watch this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=487020154727226641&ei=rgrjSMrUOYnGqQKL7fGYAQ&q=huey+guns

Alex1990
10-01-08, 12:40 AM
FLRULZURSHPSCKS, What exactly is an AG Contract?

~Alex

Walking Cow
10-01-08, 04:37 PM
Yes a PVT can be a crew chief, depending on why you are though. I got myself in trouble with alcohol involved a couple of times, don't do that they won't let you fly anymore. As far as the lat move question, figure out what aircraft you want to fly on and go from there. I'm sure it wouldn't be very hard to come to the huey side, we just introduced the new 4 blade to the fleet finally. That would be a 6174 which is what I am. watch this video. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=487020154727226641&ei=rgrjSMrUOYnGqQKL7fGYAQ&q=huey+guns

Just talked with my recruiter on my way home from MEPS and he answered my question. I am hoping for the Huey with the mini-gun, which is what you mentioned above. I'm going to the recruiters office tomorrow to pick a job. Many thanks sir.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-01-08, 07:15 PM
AG contract is the one I had, it covers crew chief on all our birds.

ke0331
10-08-08, 08:07 PM
Alex 1990,
You better be damn sure you want to be an 0331. There's a reason why the phrase "GUNS UP" gets yelled when contact' s made. You need to have the balls to run through the wall of steal. I was with heavy guns (Wpns Co)2/8 and a line unit (Wpns Plt) 2/2 and briefly detached to 2nd recon in S. America. There's a lot of respect that comes with being a 0331, but you gotta earn that ****. I was never in the air wing ,but I watched alot of friends die in a helicopter crash on May10 1996. I'll take my chances on the ground (No disrespect to wingers, y'all saved my ass mad times!!). Don't become a 0331 because it's a second choice. Being a grunt is a different way of life, make sure you want to live it. Good luck. " You hump the weight ,you rate the skate".