PDA

View Full Version : delayed boot camp

Lisa Pisa
09-27-08, 07:54 PM
Back in June my daughter was told she would leave for boot camp in early October. Now they're saying her departure could be delayed by several weeks. She's in great physical shape and "ready to go". There's no hold up with her paperwork, etc. (at least that we know of). Why the delay?

Petz
09-27-08, 08:36 PM
training for females is limited... if they push back the pick-up of a female battalion then her ship date will change... unless you call PI you won't know why, just role with it... and tell her to PT harder for the 2 extra weeks she got.

SGT7477
09-27-08, 09:55 PM
It is good she is in good shape but the Marine Corps will build her our way, Good Luck.

Phantom Blooper
09-27-08, 10:18 PM
It is more then likely based on the fiscal year which starts on 1 October of each year for the government.

It also would depend on her MOS and the openings at PI!
Good luck!:evilgrin:

srinaldo86
09-29-08, 10:30 AM
Mam, your daughter is not alone.
The Marine Corps for some reason has postponed all Poolees who were scheduled to ship during the week of Oct. 6th, myself included.

Friends of mine have received ship dates 2 weeks past their original, and mine is 8 days past the original date.

I believe as Phantom Blooper said the delay is simply caused by the new fiscal year which is a Wednesday (Oct. 1st,) and the effects of that aren't felt until the first 2 ship dates (Oct. 6th & 7th,) of the fiscal year.

Note To The Moderator: I re-read the rules before posting in this forum and I hope that it is acceptable, if not I apologize.

OB MSG
09-29-08, 10:46 AM
SRinaldo86: Are you a Poolee? If so you need to have your Profile updated. Get with a Moderator ASAP and get it fixed.

srinaldo86
09-29-08, 10:49 AM
Aye Aye SSgt.