PDA

View Full Version : Where would I go?

Streeter
09-26-08, 09:23 PM
Hello everyone I have a question, When i graduate high school (approximately 2 years) I plan on joining the best fighting force on the Planet, The United States Marine Corps, now for the question. This may be a dumb question but i was Wondering If i would be sent to Camp Pendleton or Parris Island, thank you and good night.

(I live in Michigan)

RYDERKUR
09-26-08, 09:31 PM
It depends in Michigan. I was from the southeast, Monroe, the Detroit RSS and we go to Parris Island, while the north and west I believe goes out west. I'm not positive on the distinct boundaries though. I almost think your going to be a West Coaster. Ask your recruiter....

davblay
09-26-08, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone I have a question, When i graduate high school (approximately 2 years) I plan on joining the best fighting force on the Planet, The United States Marine Corps, now for the question. This may be a dumb question but i was Wondering If i would be sent to Camp Pendleton or Parris Island, thank you and good night.

(I live in Michigan)

I would bet you any amount of money, you will not go to Camp Pendelton for Boot Camp! :marine:

Dave

Streeter
09-26-08, 09:53 PM
Well i live in Flint which is more right (closer to the east) than left

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Flint+MI&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

RYDERKUR
09-26-08, 09:54 PM
Good catch Corporal, my bad on not catching that. Attention to detail.....always something to work on. More right than left, you are a special one aren't you? Haha. I know where Flint is...I still think its a small "circly area thing in the bottom right of the mitten thing" that goes to Parris Island.

degenerate138
09-26-08, 10:07 PM
It wouldn't be Pendleton, it would be San Diego. Talk to your recruiter.

davblay
09-26-08, 11:06 PM
It wouldn't be Pendleton, it would be San Diego. Talk to your recruiter.

Dam.....I wish I had said that! I don't know what we Marines would do without all these MARINE FRIENDS to keep us straight! Maybe I'll just sit back and learn a few things from these guys. You never know, I might want to become a "Marine Friend" some day!

Dave

Streeter
09-26-08, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys, it has really helped. I have an Aunt and Uncle in San Diego :D

Wyoming
09-27-08, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys, it has really helped. I have an Aunt and Uncle in San Diego :D

No ****!! Man, weekends at Aunties eating home cooked meals.

Enjoy Basic Training.

bootlace15
09-27-08, 04:00 AM
come on now , anyone east of the Mississippi goes to Parris Island,anyone west goes to Hollywood.

bootlace15 out

sparkie
09-27-08, 04:20 AM
At the end of 1st phase, when you get a weekend off, you gotta go see the San Diego Zoo.

SGT7477
09-27-08, 09:00 AM

(I live in Michigan)

Camp Pendleton is that where the army trains?:evilgrin:

AL49BGN
09-27-08, 09:27 AM
Camp Pendleton is that where the army trains?:evilgrin:
Hey now,lets not put MCB Camp Pendleton down.I am proud of my time there.

SGT7477
09-27-08, 01:45 PM
Hey now,lets not put MCB Camp Pendleton down.I am proud of my time there.

I'm proud of every MCB and every Marine, Streeter needs to pay attention to detail.:flag:

degenerate138
09-27-08, 02:21 PM
Dam.....I wish I had said that! I don't know what we Marines would do without all these MARINE FRIENDS to keep us straight! Maybe I'll just sit back and learn a few things from these guys. You never know, I might want to become a "Marine Friend" some day!

Dave

I'm actually in the middle of becoming a Poolee, sorry if my grouping is unsatisfactory to you.

Streeter
09-27-08, 03:49 PM
Okay so to clear this whole thing up, What Marine Corps Bases exist (Would not want to say the wrong thing to the wrong person)

degenerate138
09-27-08, 04:27 PM
There are a lot of bases all over the world... here's a link you should go to to check them all out

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinebase/Marine_Corps_USMC.htm

Zulu 36
09-27-08, 06:35 PM
I lived in Detroit when I shipped and I went to MCRD San Diego. Of course that was in 1971. So, draw your own conclusions. :evilgrin:

Troutzilla
09-27-08, 09:56 PM
come on now , anyone east of the Mississippi goes to Parris Island,anyone west goes to Hollywood.

bootlace15 out

I'm in Milwaukee Brewsconsin and I went to MCRD.....