PDA

View Full Version : OK challenge coins??

LcplT
09-26-08, 12:42 AM
I was 0451 from 1989 when i finnished Rigger school in Fort Lee Va. But when I finnished jump shcool at Ft. Benning Ga I got a cool coin. this is the only forum I see that even looks like the place to find out this info. So if I am in the wrong place to find the info ooooooh welllllll sue me....LOL anyway you guys have been the best at giving advice and i find as my son gets on toward graduation and my time IN seems like soooo looong ago, yet the pride remains grounded in me...I have lost the coin....( no I won't go out and drink with you guys....lol.....) I ordered a new 4th Airwing coin... the only one i found that even resembles what I WAS. But the coin I was given was an airborne coin....now to the question....I want the exact coin, where can I find it? I have been to 20 coin sites and none have the one I had or anything close.... I would reconize it if i ever see it.

Anyway that was a long way to go to ask a stupid question....But i figure it like this.... I bet there is a few other Former Marines who over the years lost an original coin so maybe this will help a few other guys out.

Ed Palmer
09-26-08, 01:17 AM
If you cant find it here forget about it.
Semper Fi
Ed

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=challenge+coins&ei=UTF-8&fr=hp-pvdt

nptwildcat
09-26-08, 08:22 AM
Try Sgt. Grit

amarine0311
09-26-08, 08:30 AM
I am not sure if sgt grit (grunt.com) would have it or not. You might try armyranger.com. They may know where to send you.

OB MSG
09-26-08, 11:08 AM
LcplT: I work at Ft. Monroe and have access to a lot of Army Bubbas. Let me ask around and get back to you.

SlingerDun
09-26-08, 04:16 PM
Wanted 1850 Twenty Dollar Gold Double Eagle. Willing to pay up to and not exceeding twice the minted face value!

--->Dave

LcplT
09-26-08, 04:50 PM
LcplT: I work at Ft. Monroe and have access to a lot of Army Bubbas. Let me ask around and get back to you.

If you find something out try to get a picture of it for me if you can.. Like I said I'll reconize it if I see it...lol. Send the pictrue to Zolenx@hotmail.com please. Again thanks for the help.

LcplT
09-26-08, 05:12 PM
Ok I found a coin on armyranger.com it was similar the design on front was the samn but the flip side was not right....but I am geting closer....I received a 4th Airwing coin in the mail today...it was the closest I could find to what I was.. I got my kid a coin, also for his graduation.. It has his grad date batallion and platoon number and his name on the flip side. It is a much nicer looking coin than the ones I found on armyranger.com....

1stRad2671
09-29-08, 07:00 PM
Did look like the 3rd one down on the right side? These are front and back images.

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Esgtvfr/coins.jpg

LcplT
10-05-08, 10:19 PM
No................. I am going through my old storage unit.... this week to see if maybe by a slim chance it is in my old boxes somewhere..... I bought a 4th airwing coin so i have something to carry in the mean time... I hate losing things. You never know that you might want to have it for the future and you let simple thimgs get lost.

Chumley
10-06-08, 07:43 AM
Occaisionally I leave mine in a pocket and then can't find it for a day or so.
Each time I do, I get an upset stomach worrying about losing it.

Marine84
10-18-08, 08:43 PM
Try

www.nwtmint.com (http://www.nwtmint.com)

I love mine.