PDA

View Full Version : Hahaha!!!

YutYut
09-25-08, 05:51 PM
Awwwww SH*T!!! Looks like Sgt. Lawler might be putting the uniform back on! Got home from work today and the wife says "you have a fedex package." I open it up and it's my "NOTIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR RECALL TO ACTIVE DUTY" orders. Oct 18 I get to report to MOBCOM and be interviewed for my eligibility. This is awesome!

DOWORK1
09-25-08, 06:07 PM
Hell yes go get some Marine!

Achped
09-25-08, 06:45 PM
Burnt!!!

KaiheitaiSolari
09-26-08, 01:33 PM
i got the same ****... looks like i got to be there on the 18th... i got other things to do that saturday...

amarine0311
09-26-08, 01:46 PM
Oorah!!

YutYut
09-26-08, 01:49 PM
Solari, you need to fill out your profile. I'm pretty sure a Private who joined in 2007 and is still active wouldn't get a recall letter :evilgrin:

What was your MOS?

KaiheitaiSolari
09-26-08, 01:56 PM
Im pretty sure I got out in 07 and this is considered year 2...

0656.. would like to say i'll see u there.. but i got other plans that I as of right now cant be rescheduled...

OB MSG
09-26-08, 01:59 PM
Let us know if you get stood up all the way and we can add you to the care package list. ( I think someone has that around here!)

Good Luck and Get Some!!

YutYut
09-26-08, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Oct 14 is the first day of year 2 for me, so they were quick with that one.

Apparently our MOS has become pretty critical. Guess that means no lat moves for me :-\

YutYut
09-26-08, 02:08 PM
I'll be sure to keep you all informed. Let's just hope I actually get to deploy this time.

KaiheitaiSolari
09-26-08, 02:55 PM
damn... that means more Marines decided to get out.. than re up in our MOS.. who would stick around? im making twice as much out of the Corps than i did when i was in.

well let me kno what happens on the 18th.. i already kno i cant make it..

YutYut
09-26-08, 03:01 PM
So what do you have going on that weekend?

motorbreath
09-26-08, 05:27 PM
I got the same letter yesterday for an Oct. 17 screening. I called Kansas City to confirm my receipt of the letter and still haven't heard back from them. Seeing as it's probably libo-time now I don't expect to hear anything until Monday at least. Did you do any better? Could they give you any more specifics?

YutYut
09-26-08, 06:02 PM
I couldn't stand waiting for MOBCOM to call me back, so I called them again at around 0745 their time. I did get a little bit more information. No haircut or shave is required but you need to be in proper civilian attire. This is definitely to deploy under a CENTCOM AOR, so it'll probably be to OEF or OIF. The rest was in the IRR Involuntary Recall Handbook. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. There's a pretty good bit of information in there.

What's your MOS?

motorbreath
09-26-08, 06:40 PM
1341 Engineer Equipment Mech

Marine84
09-26-08, 07:02 PM
Solari - you've mentioned 3 times in as many posts that you can't make it that weekend because you have plans and can't reschedule them.

I don't get it - if they recall you, how can you say no? I'm confused here.

Wyoming
09-27-08, 12:53 AM
Solari - you've mentioned 3 times in as many posts that you can't make it that weekend because you have plans and can't reschedule them.

I don't get it - if they recall you, how can you say no? I'm confused here.

Saw as you did and wonder the same meownself!!

sparkie
09-27-08, 04:33 AM
When do I get my letter? I ain't got no plans,,,,,,

SGT7477
09-27-08, 08:55 AM
They don't wany us old Marines we are too mean we would end it all too quick along with the political bs.

BR34
09-27-08, 11:06 AM
Awwwww SH*T!!! Looks like Sgt. Lawler might be putting the uniform back on! Got home from work today and the wife says "you have a fedex package." I open it up and it's my "NOTIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR RECALL TO ACTIVE DUTY" orders. Oct 18 I get to report to MOBCOM and be interviewed for my eligibility. This is awesome!

We just got word from Col. Waldron about an up coming muster. I guess you and the other Marines in this thread are who he was talking about.

You may have had trouble contacting Bldg. 100 at MOBCOM Friday because Sgt.Maj. Jennings had a going away for the SNCOs and we had a formation in the morning.

You'll probably want to hydrate because I'm pretty sure you all have to take PFTs when you get here. There will be a couple of AD drivers busing you all around town.

Good luck, I'll probably see you around RG.

Burnt!!!

Everybody doesn't hate the Marine Corps Devil Dog!

HurricaneRJ
09-27-08, 11:32 AM
Everybody doesn't hate the Marine Corps Devil Dog!

I've been called retarded, because I'm the only on in my squad that actually wants to stay in the Marine Corps.

YutYut
09-27-08, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the tip BR34.

Yeah, I shouldn't have gotten out, but as the now MSgt Lewis Barber always said, "it's all about life choices."

In my experience, the Marines who think the grass is greener as a civilian...well, many find that just ain't true.

Marine84
09-27-08, 12:07 PM
Does ANYBODY (like some of you being recalled maybe) have an answer to my question?

How can you tell Uncle Sam "I got plans that weekend, sorry"? Or can you just call somebody and tell them you had something else came up? What kind of contract did ya'll sign?

BR34
09-27-08, 12:21 PM
I've been called retarded, because I'm the only on in my squad that actually wants to stay in the Marine Corps.

I guess I'm retarded too then because the Marine Corps has a lock on me.

YutYut
09-27-08, 01:53 PM
84, I don't know what the deal is with that. They're official orders. Maybe you can call MOBCOM and just tell them you have plans already and need to reschedule? Doesn't sound normal, but who knows these days.

sgt tony
09-27-08, 07:26 PM
tell to send me a set I would love to be back
Good Luck Marine

YutYut
09-29-08, 07:38 AM
I'll see what I can do, SSgt :marine:

I just did a little PT this morning to start the getting in shape process. I smoked myself this morning, and it wasn't a very intense workout. I probably should have kept up with this after I EAS'd. Looks like some fun times for the next few months... :no:

SGT7477
09-29-08, 07:31 PM
I'll see what I can do, SSgt :marine:

I just did a little PT this morning to start the getting in shape process. I smoked myself this morning, and it wasn't a very intense workout. I probably should have kept up with this after I EAS'd. Looks like some fun times for the next few months... :no:

You are still young should be no problem,lol.:flag:

Quinbo
09-30-08, 12:03 AM
When the persian gulf war kicked up all my friends in the IRR were recalled. They got all that fun in the sun training at 29 palms then milled about smartly at Pendleton. Painting rocks, raking leaves, answering phones all that fun stuff. Not a single one got sent to Saudia Arabia. I came home and my apartment was jam packed with people.

maverickmarine
10-01-08, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that whole "I can't make thing myself". Hell, I'll take your orders. Get some!

YutYut
10-02-08, 07:07 AM
I will be a very bitter Marine if I'm recalled to NOT deploy. That would be the opposite of awesome.

YutYut
10-21-08, 02:21 PM
Well, this weekend ended up being garbage. First off, the requirements dropped from 1200 Marines to 350 two days before I got there. Since they didn't have the new list of MOS requirements, they couldn't let anyone know if being there was a waste of time, aside from the people who were broken or DD&E. So I volunteered to be recalled. But all that means is I'm closer to the top of the consideration list, assuming they even need my MOS.

Here comes my little "wah, wah" ***** fest...

WTF kind of games are being played with me??? My PSR has done nothing to get me back in the reserves. In fact, he's straight ignoring me. The first time I try a non-prior service recruiting station, google map gives me a bad address. An address that hasn't been active in a few years, apparently. The GySgt didn't answer when I called to let him know I had bad directions. In fact, I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone the last 4 times I've called. Then, I find the right address and go to the recruiting station on a Saturday at around 1400 or so. They close at 1700 or 1900...but that didn't matter because the door was freakin locked. Now, there's a good chance I won't even get recalled!! How exactly is all of this possible?

Ok, I'm done b*tching.

2ndCEBSupply
10-21-08, 02:40 PM
hurry up and wait.....sound familiar LOL

YutYut
10-21-08, 02:45 PM
lol Yep, same old shiat. I'm going to call the PSR down in Richmond to see if he/she would be willing to go the distance. According to current MARADMIN's, I can do a reserve equivalent to a lat move to be a grunt and be attached to 4th LAR in Quantico, which is all of 10 miles from my house. I think prior service Marines are even offered a 15k bonus right now. That's pretty neat. It's so easy to go in the first time...how is it this hard to go back??

2ndCEBSupply
10-21-08, 02:54 PM
I think prior service Marines are even offered a 15k bonus right now. That's pretty neat. It's so easy to go in the first time...how is it this hard to go back??

You think your offered 15k to go back, you must not be very money savy thats the first thing i would find out.

Also i dont think you get the 15K if you get recalled only if you go and reinlist. Figure that one out quick thats 15GRAND MAN COME ON!!

Its probally easier to go back in through a recruting station that way your an indiviual not a number like all the rest plus you get incentives.

I get to pick up Sergant and a 15K bonus along with a couple of others perks. Thats just me though i dont know about you.

YutYut
10-21-08, 03:37 PM
I wasn't clear. You're right, the bonus is only available if you re-enlist. No bonuses for being recalled. That question was asked at the screening this past weekend. I'm pretty sure the bonus is there, I just need to find the MARADMIN.

2ndCEBSupply
10-21-08, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the bonus is there, I just need to find the MARADMIN.

Yeah it will be in the presidents trash can.

YutYut
10-21-08, 03:40 PM
lol!!!

FistFu68
10-21-08, 07:26 PM
:evilgrin: GO GET YOURSELF A HIGH & TIGHT,JUMP OFF RT.1;LEFT AT QUANTICO.GO ON MAINSIDE,THERES THIS REAL BIG BRICK BUILDING W/A BIG RED FLAG FLYING ON TOP OF IT W/2/WHITE STARS ON IT.BE THERE AT ZERO DARK THIRTY SHARP!!!GO SEE "THE MAN" AND TELL HIM 1 OF COL."WILD BILL"DABNEYS BOYS SENT YOU.NO CHIT,BYPASS ALL THE P.C. BULL AND YOU'LL BE OWN YOUR WAY.IT'S CALLED INITIATIVE MARINE GO 4IT,GODBLESS YOU AND GOODLUCK.SEMPER~FIDELIS :evilgrin: :iwo:

bgsuwoody
10-22-08, 05:19 PM
:evilgrin: GO GET YOURSELF A HIGH & TIGHT,JUMP OFF RT.1;LEFT AT QUANTICO.GO ON MAINSIDE,THERES THIS REAL BIG BRICK BUILDING W/A BIG RED FLAG FLYING ON TOP OF IT W/2/WHITE STARS ON IT.BE THERE AT ZERO DARK THIRTY SHARP!!!GO SEE "THE MAN" AND TELL HIM 1 OF COL."WILD BILL"DABNEYS BOYS SENT YOU.NO CHIT,BYPASS ALL THE P.C. BULL AND YOU'LL BE OWN YOUR WAY.IT'S CALLED INITIATIVE MARINE GO 4IT,GODBLESS YOU AND GOODLUCK.SEMPER~FIDELIS :evilgrin: :iwo:
God Jack, you never fail to crack me up!

FistFu68
10-22-08, 05:38 PM
:evilgrin: THE REAL FUNNY THING IS THAT I AIN'T CHITTIN,WHEN THE MAJOR GENERAL FINDS OUT;THAT THOSE OFFICE POGUES HAVE BEEN JERKING THIS YOUNG MARINE AROUND.IT'S GONNA BE ALL OVER WITH BUT THE FRIGGING CRYING 4THEM!!!:D :iwo:

Wyoming
10-22-08, 06:22 PM
... and the dammdest thing is, most of the young'uns don't realize that some of us old pharts actually have a few friends in high places, and keep in touch with them.

jetdoc
10-22-08, 06:47 PM

Jack, you're still the man!!

FistFu68
10-22-08, 06:56 PM
:usmc: IF IT WASN'T FOR THE HEROICS OF MEN LIKE YOU BIG-AL MY YOUNG WISE ASS WOULD NOT BE HERE TOO F**K W/SOME OF THESE HALF STEPPIN KNUCKLEHEADS.WELCOME HOME BROTHER :usmc: :iwo:

Wyoming
10-22-08, 07:49 PM
Up yours Jack.;)

Jack, you ever wondered how much money we'd have iffen we swept all the brass outta the 46's and sold it.

sparkie
10-22-08, 07:54 PM
Jack,,, Al,,,, Lets have a drink.