PDA

View Full Version : Old habits die hard

top1371
05-22-03, 11:06 PM
Been retired 4 months... I was wondering how many of you that got out or retired still....

-Wear your Dog Tags. I have been wearing them 21 years... why stop now.

-Have a short or reg haircut. I was going to grow a pony tail, but I cant get over the puff ball, so I cut it almost reg.. myself.

-Still PT. Well, I stopped... but started again.. running is out, I started lifting weights and power walking.. hey life begins at 40! :banana:

Semper Fi,

Top:marine:

Sgt Sostand
05-23-03, 08:40 AM
Dont feel bad i still have my Dog Tags around my neck also the only thing i got out not in the same shape i join i am Disable. life start at 40 and you know what i feel something in side of me that want let me quit i was told i would never walk again but i am walking

Semper Fi,

GunnyL
05-23-03, 09:42 AM
I retired Oct, 2001, I still wear my dogtags and I still keep a regulation haircut. I tried growing my hair out but it irritated the bejesus out of me, so I bought a pair of clippers and cut it down to a number one guard.

Office Hours are 8-5 and I still get here between 0715 and 0730. I roll out of bed at 0500 and Iron my khakis and shirt before I go to work, I never let my wife touch my camies, why start now.

I gained a few pounds since retirement, so I work out at the gym, walk every night and mountain bike.

If life begins at 40, I can't wait because I turn 39 in a couple of months. I was still 36 when I went on terminal leave! Aint life Grand!

GunnyL

San Antonio, TX

:marine:

firstsgtmike
05-23-03, 10:21 AM
Sgt Sostand,

According to the laws of physics and aerodynamics, a bumblebee cannot fly.

However, because a bumblebee cannot read the laws of physics and aerodynamics, the bumblebee flies.
-----------------------------------------

Since "life begins at 40" is only an opinion, MY opinion is that life begins at the moment of reincarnation.

You don't have to die to be reincarnated, you just have to be willing to let go.

I've never tried to put a number on it, but my present life started at the age of 59. Young wife, three kids later, and the future looks good.

kubba
05-23-03, 04:27 PM
Hey Top just to let youknow I would still be wearing mine if the wife had not made me take them off. i got out in 74.
you are right old habbits die hard.
Semper FI
stan:banana: don't you just love this banana