PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Wife

rb1651
09-24-08, 08:12 PM
First off, I would like to Thank all of you who have taken the time to include Lorrie in your prayers. I truly believe it is what helped her survive today.

Unfortunately she did not have surgery today. She apparently had a reaction to the anethesia(sp?). This took me by surprise since she has had numerous surgeries and never reacted before. According to the Doc, they almost lost her on the table. It took awhile, but they got her stabilized, and she is now resting comfortably.

They are going to try an find out what caused this, and correct it. This surgery has to go forward, because it involves tumors that need to be removed.

I now humbly ask that you continue to remember Lorrie in your prayers. My life would not be complete without her in it. :cry:

Respectfully,

Ron

Wyoming
09-24-08, 08:56 PM
Prayers are working and now we got a few extra days.

ecfree
09-24-08, 09:03 PM
OUR PRAYERS ARE BELT FED AND ON THE WAY..:thumbup:

sparkie
09-24-08, 09:30 PM
Heavenly Father may your peace that passes all understanding be with Ron and Lorrie. Thank you for the wisdom and the protection of Lorrie today. We just ask for your blessing to be with them for sucess in surgery and a full and heathy recovery. We ask for Ron and Lorrie to have many more years together. Thank you for reaching out in your time of need and letting us see God at work and binding us in his love of one another and his love for us. God bless you both.
[I didn't write this, I asked my wife to].

Sheila Hays
09-24-08, 10:48 PM
I will include your wife in my prayers, and I will say a rosary for her speedy recovery. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

imajarhed
09-24-08, 11:50 PM
I accept the call to rally 'round and take a knee.

fjmas1976
09-24-08, 11:53 PM
I will continue to keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. Semper Fi:usmc:

jrhd97
09-25-08, 01:28 AM
Still praying. Not only for her and a successful surgery, but for you also.

yellowwing
09-25-08, 01:52 AM
Done deal partner. Still praying.

YutYut
09-25-08, 05:10 AM
The two of you are still in our prayers brother. Please keep us updated.

Semper Fidelis

mark king
09-25-08, 05:55 AM
Still with the both of you brother.

Osotogary
09-25-08, 02:09 PM
You and your wife haven't been forgotten. My thoughts and prayers are heading your way as they have from the beginning.

Sheila Hays
09-25-08, 02:14 PM
I had a Mass said for your wife at St. Thomas's church here in Riverside. I hope and pray all goes well for her. Semper Fi. Sheila Hays

AL49BGN
09-25-08, 02:26 PM
Ron,I will continue praying for the both of you.If you need anything please PM me.

rb1651
09-25-08, 08:12 PM
I want to Thank all of you for taking the time to include Lorrie in your thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much the support has meant to us.

Quick update: Nana (Lorrie) is feeling better. She is stable and starting to feel her oats, in other words b****ing, about being confined. ;)

They ran tests and have determined what happened. PLEASE listen to this!!! She apparently contracted a viral infection that has generated into asthma like symtoms. The Doctors told me this is something new this year, and they have seen numerous cases so far. This can turn into a life threatening condition. (Been there first hand.) There are no real symtoms other than a common cold type feeling, but more sneezing than you would expect. Apparently this is the type of flu that we are facing this year.

Again, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and thoughts during thids trial in my wifes life. Words can never convey what they mean to us.

Sincerely,

Ron, Lorrie and family

Sheila Hays
09-25-08, 11:11 PM
I'm so glad she is doing better. I'm sure she will pull through all of this, we all should get flu shots. I do, only because my Dr. bugs me. Prayers out Ron, for you and Lorrie. Take care. Semper Fi Sheila Hays:usmc::flag:

mark king
09-27-08, 07:56 AM
:thumbup:

rb1651
09-27-08, 10:36 AM
Well, I got Lorrie home last night. This whole week has been kind of surreal. I cna't beleive how fast this virus spread. She had her pre-surgery physical on Tuesday and showed no symtoms, and then had the problem the next day!!! Talk about a fast mover!! :scared: She now has to have respitory theropy for the next 10 days to try and clear this up so they can proceed with surgery. The Doctor is concerned because the tumors continue to enlarge and he is anxious to get them removed, as are we.

I'll continue to keep you posted. Again, Lorrie and I would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your thoughts and prayers during this journey. Knowing that we have such fine people as yourselves backing us up means more than you can ever know!!! :thumbup:

Sincerely,

Lorrie, Ron and family

yellowwing
09-27-08, 12:13 PM
We are still on Prayer Duty.

Idena
09-28-08, 08:34 PM
I'm a little late on this, but Lorrie is in my prayers, as are you. May the Lord give wisdom to the doctors & put healing in their hands to help your wife.

ecfree
09-28-08, 09:04 PM
HEY RON THE PRAYERS ARE STILL OUT BOUND BRO...:thumbup:

rb1651
09-28-08, 09:10 PM
Here we go again. Just got back from the hospital. Lorrie has been readmitted with respitory distress. She was sleeping in bed confortably early this morning and suddenly couldn't breathe. They have inserted a tube to assist her in breathing, and are running tests to try and isolate what is going on. Hopefully they trace what is causing this so we can put this chapter of our life behind us. The problems continue. I'll keep you posted.

HurricaneRJ
09-28-08, 09:12 PM
I'm not religious in anyway, but I have your back 100%.