PDA

View Full Version : Reasons and talking points about taking combat duty/mos

rmreynolds
09-24-08, 07:04 PM
finally told my mom and dad about my decision to pick a infantry/recon mos but i was having trouble articulating my reasons to them other than the male testosterone in me. My Dad is easier with this decision being a former Marine himself (Sgt.Reynolds Air Traffic Control, Veteran) but still as any good parent is, apprehensive about is only son going to war. My mom on the the other hand (Retired Chief Petty Officer *E-7 I believe* ATC as well from USN), is extremely apprehensive about me joining the Corps due to the high possibility of going to Iraq/Afghanistan and the chance of getting injured or killed. As i said earlier i was wondering if anyone could post their own reasons for choosing combat duty to help me
discover my own. Ive done much reflecting but still having the trouble putting the words together. Im 20 years old so they know its my decision but i would love to help them understand aas much as possible. Thanks to all input.

S.Fi.:usmc: Wannabe out.

rmreynolds
09-24-08, 07:43 PM
Just read the post stating that some Marines are bothered by Poolees and wannabes saying Semper Fi so please ignore the last part of my post.

yellowwing
09-24-08, 07:48 PM
Be sure to read all the Sticky Posts at the top of the Poolee Hall. They contain much information, and the Poolee Rules.

rmreynolds
09-24-08, 08:03 PM
I'm embarrassed for not doing that in the first place. I would appreciate if an Admin would delete or stop comments on this post so I can try again, this time following all the guidelines and regulations for Poolees and Wannabes to follow when posting. Thanks again for referring me to those threads.