PDA

View Full Version : I finally have a ship date.. 13 Oct shippers?

benw2200
09-24-08, 05:12 PM
My recruiter called me up today and said he just got papers back from MEPS- my lasik waiver went through and I'm clear. He said right now I'm down for the 13th of October. MCRDPI. First off, is anyone else leaving then? It would be cool to get to know some people before I left. Also, can anyone find out when I'm scheduled to graduate? The website has grad dates for 08 but not 09. 13 weeks after 13 October should be 9 Jan, am I right? Just wanting to make sure my math isn't off.

Also, I was wondering how long 0621 Field Radio Operator MOS school lasts. I've done several searches on google and on here and have found several different things.. I think it might have changed, because I've seen 1 month, 2 months, even 3 months for some secondary MOS.

Thanks to all who reply.

Mikewebe
09-24-08, 05:18 PM
Sorry can't do the math for you but look for the 13th Friday, or possibly the 12th and that should narrow it down. Plus they will tell you your grad date. Good luck to you and hope you do well.

benw2200
09-24-08, 05:25 PM
I did it on the calendar on my phone but knowing me I did something stupid like forgot to count the first week or something. But I double checked myself so it should be right. I'd like to know hopefully before I leave so I can let my best friend know, so he can try to get out of school and be there at graduation.

Thanks! I've been in the DEP forever so I'd say I'm as ready as anyone can be to go down there, kick some ass and claim the title.

Mikewebe
09-24-08, 05:35 PM
That is exactly the attitude you need. Good luck to you.

Cjcruzi3
09-24-08, 06:57 PM
you should be on friday jan. 16 because i leave a week before and i did the math for myself and all that and we are jan. 9th. Ive checked this before and I don't think I did anything wrong so you should be on the 15

Impaler396
10-07-08, 04:32 PM
The 0621 MOS (Field Radio Operator) school is currently 40 training days. Training days do not include weekends, holidays etc.

Cjcruzi3
10-07-08, 04:56 PM
My bad about my previous post. I asked my recruiter grad dates. You guys graduate the 9th of January.

kash
10-07-08, 06:03 PM
I have 2 friends shipping with you from North Carolina. Good Luck!

benw2200
10-08-08, 07:58 AM
Thanks kash and cjcruzi3.. I can't wait to go and get it done.

Impaler396: thanks a lot!! I had been wondering for a while.

0231Marine
10-08-08, 08:15 AM
you should be on friday jan. 16 because i leave a week before and i did the math for myself and all that and we are jan. 9th. Ive checked this before and I don't think I did anything wrong so you should be on the 15

Just worry about graduating...your Drill Instructors will make sure you know when you're graduating.

benw2200
10-10-08, 06:22 PM
So my recruiter called me this morning and told me I'm not shipping till next week. Apparently this Monday is a holiday and they can only ship a certain number of people.. and he said the people who have been in the DEP over 300 days or something have priority over me. So I have to wait one more agonizing week. Jeez.. just when I had myself all psyched up to go. I already told most of my friends goodbye.. I think I'll just drop off the radar for a week. I don't feel like explaining that my ship date got changed AGAIN. lol they won't notice that I was gone an extra week longer than I should have been

sparkie
10-10-08, 06:47 PM
Tick, Tick, Tick,,,,, Oh, Damm, more stinkin math to do. Runnin outta fingers and toes.

degenerate138
10-10-08, 07:22 PM
Speaking of holiday, I'm supposed to meet with my recruiter on the Monday (Columbus Day), I don't know if the station is open... Should have called, I know, but this is a general inquiry: Are the recruiting stations open on federal holidays?

kash
10-10-08, 07:25 PM
Speaking of holiday, I'm supposed to meet with my recruiter on the Monday (Columbus Day), I don't know if the station is open... Should have called, I know, but this is a general inquiry: Are the recruiting stations open on federal holidays?
Should be open on Saturday. My station is since im bringing a referral in tomorrow so he can sign.

benw2200
10-10-08, 09:25 PM
Tick, Tick, Tick,,,,, Oh, Damm, more stinkin math to do. Runnin outta fingers and toes.

Gotta bust out the ol calculator for this one.

sparkie
10-10-08, 09:28 PM
Good luck to ya, Son. I know you got it in ya. Give us a ring, when you got that thing.