PDA

View Full Version : PT for the first time

Mikewebe
09-24-08, 03:32 PM
Ok I got to come clean. I ran out of beer yesterday, and was without a vehicle. So the store is 1.2 miles away, I put on sweats and a small backpack and headed off. And since I want back in I figured I would get started.

I got to the store and my legs burned so bad. I was sweating out of breath and I only ran about a 1/3 of it. So here I go on my way home and someone pulls over and yells hey Marine need a ride. You bet. I got in and took the 1.0 mile ride back. I am pretty sore today but what a wake up call.

I started doing more today so we will see if I'm still with us tomorrow, I feel like crap and its my own fault.

OB MSG
09-24-08, 03:44 PM
LOL!!! Oh yeah, feel the Burn!!!

Been there. After I got out in '04, I tried to keep with the PT, but school and work conspired against me and I gained some weight. Then along came my wedding and my wife wanted me to wear my blues. Well, I tried to get into my Blues Blouse and got my wake up call. Four weeks, and twenty pounds later, I was back in them bad boys and lookin' Good, as we always do!

Been trying to maintain ever since, but I feel you pain Mike! Keep it up!

Mikewebe
09-24-08, 03:56 PM
I can get 2 buttons on my Blues done up. I just can't believe in 2 years I'm in worse shape than I was before I joined so long ago. Its a wake up call most definitely.

I am trying to fit in them by the Ball I want to take the wife to her first one. My problem isn't weight though its my back and shoulders that grew since I was 18. I got to see if there is enough to be let out possibly.

usmc0331
09-24-08, 04:08 PM
lol yep-good ol civilian life. I had to put my feet to the pavement 2 mos b4 my wedding so I could drop weight and order my blues. Hit the 180lb mark and got my blues a week before the wedding:thumbup:

Mikewebe
09-24-08, 04:26 PM
lol yep-good ol civilian life. I had to put my feet to the pavement 2 mos b4 my wedding so I could drop weight and order my blues. Hit the 180lb mark and got my blues a week before the wedding:thumbup:
I'm using that as my moto thank you, 0331.

Troutzilla
09-24-08, 06:35 PM
Ok I got to come clean. I ran out of beer yesterday, and was without a vehicle. So the store is 1.2 miles away, I put on sweats and a small backpack and headed off. And since I want back in I figured I would get started.

I got to the store and my legs burned so bad. I was sweating out of breath and I only ran about a 1/3 of it. So here I go on my way home and someone pulls over and yells hey Marine need a ride. You bet. I got in and took the 1.0 mile ride back. I am pretty sore today but what a wake up call.

I started doing more today so we will see if I'm still with us tomorrow, I feel like crap and its my own fault.

Well next time take your duffle bag and you wont have to make so many trips.......;)

DOWORK1
09-24-08, 08:56 PM
You better run that **** next time!

YutYut
09-25-08, 05:12 AM
Don't forget the Advil, old man ;)