PDA

View Full Version : Three and a half months ago

srinaldo86
09-24-08, 09:56 AM
I signed my DEP Contract. The entire time its felt like life has been in slow motion up until this point and now when I look back everything is in fast forward.

The time has flown by and now things are getting more realistic. Its getting harder to sleep, hard to think about anything other than MCRD and what happens after that, everything else is just a stepping stone that I cant run across fast enough.

Surely I'm not the only one that feels this way, how do the rest of you poolees feel?
Also how long do you have to go?

:cool:12 days to go! :beer:

Cjcruzi3
09-24-08, 11:02 AM
Im ready to rock with you... though i am telling you this now as we speak on aim, but yeah i get you. Anyone else shipping with us?

AaronJM1984
09-24-08, 01:12 PM
I spend about 3 hours a day thinking about MCRD, and just the Marine Corps. in general. I can't wait! My ship date is 20081103...38 days I believe from today!

srinaldo86
09-24-08, 01:15 PM
lol, three hours?!?!

20 of my 24 is spent thinking of MCRD.

And the other 4 might be too but I dont remember my dreams.

Are you PI or SD bound?

AaronJM1984
09-24-08, 01:34 PM
Well 3 hours is spent thinking about it...alot more time spent doing research and talking about it with family members (former Marines), lol They've got their horror stories for me...I look forward to coming back and telling them some of my horror stories.

I am going to Parris Island, and you?

srinaldo86
09-24-08, 01:54 PM
Ah gotcha... I consider that thinking about it, unless you don't think when you talk.

Parris island as well.

Newski45
09-24-08, 02:45 PM
Ok listen up poolees, I know from expierence that It does go all too fast, it just seems so slow. Enjoy your time home, because for most of you it'll be the last time you get that much time with your friends and family, when your home on leave, you'll be wishing you have more time to spend with them. Bootcamp is going to be the starting of the rest of your life. Enjoy your time here, I guarantee you'll be missing home that first few weeks, because those weeks suck, you'll hate it. Please take my advice, I blew through my senior year, and I miss all those day I took for granted.

srinaldo86
09-24-08, 03:08 PM
Good advice Pvt. Newski, I appreciate it.
Luckily I've had 4 1/2 years out of high school to enjoy myself. :D

GunzNutz87
09-24-08, 04:35 PM
I'll be PI bound Nov. 10th. God, just seems like yesterday my recruiter and I were on our way back home from meps. That was 3 months ago. Kind of shot myself in the foot though, seemed like I had more time than I actually had. And now I've got only a month and a half, and I've got alot of unfinished business to take care of. (Yeah, you can definitly say procrastination is a real bad habit of mine). I can relate to srinaldo though, I had 3 1/2 years out of high school to enjoy being a civilian. Though the funny thing is I didn't really start experiencing alot of fun til I enlisted.

SS109
09-25-08, 07:31 PM
sirnaldo.. i'm from Durham and i'm headed to PI 10/27, a month from now... such a short time but it feels so long. I'll see ya in the mess hall man. Oh and i see you will be going MP, good luck and remember don't bust your fellow Carolinian.

AaronJM1984
09-25-08, 08:15 PM
I don't see myself becoming homesick because the truth is I've been on my own moving around the country for the last 5 years. This is something I see as an advantage over my fellow recruits at boot camp. I can only imagine how much tougher it could be if I went to MCRD right out of highschool. Some good advice so far, keep it up Marines, it is greatly appreciated!

srinaldo86
09-28-08, 06:38 PM
Utter disappointment for Cjcruzi3 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=54108) and myself. For some reason the Marine Corps has decided that the week of October 6th will be a Corps Wide No Ship Week.

Therefor Cjcruzi3 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=54108)'s date was pushed to the 20th (unless something changed) and mine was pushed to the 14th.

Really it changes nothing except a longer wait. Still missing the same Holidays, still going to the same Island, and still going to be there for the same minimum amount of time.

Cjcruzi3
09-28-08, 06:47 PM
Yeah... it truly sucks. Hey change your signature I already got on mine.