PDA

View Full Version : This poolee has a question..

alphamarine23
09-23-08, 01:41 PM
Would anyone on this website by any chance know who the first woman NCO in the Marine Corps was?

srinaldo86
09-23-08, 01:50 PM
Try PMing Google.com, I bet they know.

Chumley
09-23-08, 02:45 PM
I've been looking for about an hour. I'm going with George Baker.

C

bucksgted
09-23-08, 03:03 PM
A woman NCO named George would probably be a Hard Corps Charger!! LMAO <br />
Was he a &quot;him&quot; posing as a &quot;her&quot;?:scared:

alphamarine23
09-23-08, 03:08 PM
George Baker (Lucy Brewer) sounds allright, but was she and NCO? How do you PM google.com though?

SGT7477
09-23-08, 07:47 PM
Would anyone on this website by any chance know who the first woman NCO in the Marine Corps was?

Why is that so important?:evilgrin:

Chumley
09-24-08, 08:44 AM
George Baker (Lucy Brewer) sounds allright, but was she and NCO? How do you PM google.com though?

I could not confirm her rank, nor the name of the first woman NCO.
Lucy Brewer herself is somewhat a legend, and I read that noone knows for sure that she even existed...the records from that period of time are sketchy at best. I read that she served on board the USS Constitution for 3 years. It's possible that she was promoted during that time...if so, I don't know what rank she may have attained. There are definitely other women who served historically in other US wars, not just Marines, but Army etc. Some posed as men, some took up arms in the face of their situation and fought alongside men.

If you really want to know, you may contact the Women Marines organizations or the USMC Historical Society and see if they have an official answer to your question. If you do get a real confirmation / answer, please post it or send me the info...good trivia that is not readily available on the 'net.

C

alphamarine23
09-25-08, 03:35 PM
Why is that so important?:evilgrin:
At my RSS, one of my SNCO's guaranteed that no one would find out without some serious digging time through websites. I've been searching for a while and if I find this it'd be really great!

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-25-08, 06:28 PM
Wow, good question. I thought I was good by knowing who the first female commissioned officer was. I'm sure that information is out there somewhere, just a matter of finding it.

1943 --Captain Anne Lentz