PDA

View Full Version : Fox 2075, MCRDPI, 2008

mrbsox
09-23-08, 06:24 AM
Graduating on October 24th. Going down to welcome my nephew to the brotherhood.

Planning on stepping on 'those foot prints' again, and taking a picture outside the front gate, to compare to the one 32 years ago. Any thing else is GRAVY.

If anyone else will be there, I'll be the PROUD ONE up in the stands.

sparkie
09-23-08, 07:29 AM
That's good news, I know you'll have fun. However I'd stay away from those foot prints,,, we might not hear from you for 13 weeks........

davblay
09-23-08, 07:40 AM
Ah the yellow footprints.....the first step of hundreds of thousands that have come before and will follow! As you stand on those prints, pause a moment to remember all that have lead the way for us to follow, starting right there in that exact spot! :evilgrin:

Congratulations to your nephew, (was it?)! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pics! :marine:

Semper Fi,

Dave

PS...being as how the CG is a Female Marine, (I think she is still there) tell her that Achped wants a date! LMAO!;)

TazMatt
09-23-08, 08:10 AM
Davblay unless they have changed since July the C.G. is male. i was down there in July for Morning colors and a retirement and the C.G. was a male and I hadn't heard of a command change.

davblay
09-23-08, 08:13 AM
Davblay unless they have changed since July the C.G. is male. i was down there in July for Morning colors and a retirement and the C.G. was a male and I hadn't heard of a command change.

Brigadier General
Angela (Angie) Salinas
Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruit Depot/Western Recruiting Regionhttp://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/images/Bios/BGen_Salinas.jpgBrigadier General Angela (Angie) Salinas began her military career when she enlisted into the Marine Corps in May 1974. Following recruit training at Parris Island, S.C., she served as a legal services clerk until 1977 when she was selected for the Enlisted Commissioning Program and commissioned a second lieutenant in December 1977. She has commanded at every rank and has served as Series Commander, Woman Recruit Training Command, Parris Island, South Carolina, Commanding Officer, Headquarters and Service Company, 1st Maintenance Battalion, Camp Pendleton, CA, Commanding Officer, Recruiting Station Charleston, West Virginia, Commanding Officer, 4th Recruit Training Battalion and Commanding Officer, 12th Marine Corps District, San Diego, CA.
She served in a variety of staff positions throughout the Marine Corps serving as a legal officer with the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing at Cherry Point, N.C. Executive Officer Headquarters Company and Battalion Operations Officer, Woman Recruit Training Battalion; Adjutant, 3rd Maintenance Battalion, Okinawa Japan, Adjutant, 1st Maintenance Battalion, Camp Pendleton, Executive Officer, Recruiting Station West Virginia, Major’s Combat Service Support Ground Monitor, Deputy, Special Assistant for General/Flag Officer Matters, Joint Staff, Assistant Chief of Staff, Plans and Policy, G-5, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Depot Inspector Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, CA, Operations Officer, Marine Corps Recruiting Command and Chief of Staff, Marine Corps Recruiting Command, Quantico, VA.
In June 1989, Brigadier General Salinas assumed command of Recruiting Station Charleston and became the first woman in the Marine Corps to command a recruiting station. In June 1992, she became the first woman assigned as a combat service support ground monitor responsible for the assignments of over 1000 senior officers. She was the first female assigned as a plans and policy officer for a major combatant command in 1999 and in May 2001 when she assumed command of the 12th Marine Corps District, became the first woman to serve as a recruiting district commanding officer. She is the first woman to command the Marine Corps Recruit Depot/Western Recruiting Region in San Diego.
Brigadier General Salinas is a 1976 graduate of Dominican College of San Rafael, Ca., where she received her B.A. in history. She received her master’s from the Naval War College in 1992. She is a graduate of the Amphibious Warfare School, the Naval War College’s Command and Staff College and the Army War College.

Her personal decorations include the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with gold star in lieu of second award, the Meritorious Service Medal with 2 gold stars, the Navy/Marine Corps Commendation Medal with gold star, the Army Commendation Medal, and the Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medal with 2 gold stars. She has received Meritorious Service Awards from the Federal Employed Women (FEW), the National Image, Latina Style Magazine, and the Molly Marine Award from the Woman Marine Association. She received recognition for her leadership by the Navy League and recognized as a “ground breaker” by Women In the Military for Service to America and has been named as one of the top100 most influential Hispanics in the country and one of 80 most elite women. Brigadier General Salinas is the highest ranking female Hispanic in the Marine Corps and the first Latina selected to the rank of Brigadier General.

FYI, this is on the MCRDSD website Brother!

Dave

sparkie
09-23-08, 07:30 PM
That post says a bit,,,,,,,,,

ScottsMom
09-24-08, 12:28 PM
Congratulations to your Nephew!