PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Lt. visit to boot

josephd
09-22-08, 12:48 PM
A good friend of mine just graduated from TBS and is going to San Diego/Pendleton for his MOS school in November. He told me he would come down, talk to my DI, and visit me while in boot.

Is this allowed?...Even if it is I have a feeling its not the best idea to have officers visiting me in boot..

RYDERKUR
09-22-08, 12:49 PM
Hahaha..... tell him you will salute him on graduation day

jinelson
09-22-08, 01:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

Jim

Chumley
09-22-08, 01:04 PM
A good friend of mine just graduated from TBS and is going to San Diego/Pendleton for his MOS school in November. He told me he would come down, talk to my DI, and visit me while in boot.

Is this allowed?...Even if it is I have a feeling its not the best idea to have officers visiting me in boot..

Good luck with that!

rvillac2
09-22-08, 01:11 PM
lol..I'm pretty sure the Series Commander will have something to say about that visit.

Tell him to ask your Senior if he can try on his hat.

Isrowei
09-22-08, 01:19 PM
There's no reason for him come down. Recruit training isn't a circus and he has no business being there. At best they'd just stare at him for being a tool. At worst, he'd get ripped by the officers assigned to your series and company. Either way, it's not a good thing for YOU.

Tell him to stay home. You'll meet up with him again after boot. You should also give serious thought to the nature of your relationship after this. Frat isn't something between males and females only. Just keep it in mind.

OB MSG
09-22-08, 01:22 PM
This aught to be good!!

MyCorps
09-22-08, 01:24 PM
Isrowei is correct. This would be a huge mistake. I really do not believe your friend is that ignorant of training policies. But hey, let us know if he ever shows up...

josephd
09-22-08, 04:26 PM
I would think he knows better than to do something stupid on his part or in my interest because he has been there already. I beleive he was probably messing around considering the tone in the conversation we had but I was just curious and a little bit concerned.

No matter what though he will be in Pendleton still when I go to MCT after boot so we can meet up at that time too, would probably be a better time.

Wyoming
09-22-08, 06:29 PM
I would think he knows better than to do something stupid on his part or in my interest because he has been there already. I beleive he was probably messing around considering the tone in the conversation we had but I was just curious and a little bit concerned.

No matter what though he will be in Pendleton still when I go to MCT after boot so we can meet up at that time too, would probably be a better time.

Does matter. Take to heart what the LT (Isrowei) said.

josephd
09-22-08, 06:49 PM
Does matter. Take to heart what the LT (Isrowei) said.

I am, thank you

But you read that incorrectly Corporal, I wasnt saying it doesnt matter. I was just saying that he will be in Pendleton when I will be there for MCT also, so no matter what I will get a chance to see him when I am out there

Wyoming
09-22-08, 06:58 PM
Define 'matter'.

OK, do your thing. If its a weekend, you and the 2nd Lt, don your civves and head to the chow hall. You can do a lot of catching up over supper. Since you have your civvies on, go ahead and go for a beer at the club afterwards. He could be your guest.

END!

darkgreen0311
09-22-08, 07:18 PM
Tell your friend to come visit, and tell him to tell the D.I's you said it was ok......... "Bends and thrust til your heart stops"

:marine:SEMPER FI 4 LIFE!!!

temarti
09-22-08, 07:33 PM
This aught to be good!!

LMAO!!! My Corps on que, you could not ask for more...