PDA

View Full Version : Passed the Young Marine PFT

Parsons95
09-21-08, 08:23 PM
I dont know if any of you Marines or poolees were Young Marines but I just took my PFT and passed it. I know these are not all-star scores but I really pushed.

This is what I did for my first PFT

1 mile- about 14 minutes
Sit ups- 67 in 2 minutes
Flexed Arm Hang-0 seconds
Push-ups- 13 in 1 minute

This is what I did this evening

1 mile- 8:30
Sit ups- 104 in 2 minutes
Flexed arm hang- only about a second (it is one of my weak points but I am trying)
Push ups- 34 in 1 minute

UMDStudent24
09-21-08, 08:46 PM
Just keep doing what you're doing and you will reach your goals. Your motivation does not seem to be lacking, and your numbers certainly show improvement; so, again, just keep it up.

SlingerDun
09-21-08, 11:37 PM
Stellar Improvementshttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

--->Dave

tankle104
09-22-08, 12:53 AM
that is a great improvement.. imagine what your gonna be doing once you acutally are able to enlist then ship out.. gonna tear it up.. keep up the good work :D

ps ... :banana:

OB MSG
09-22-08, 08:40 AM
Good to go, Devil Pup! Throw a few negative pull-ups into your routine and it will help with the flexed arm hang. Heck you might even be able to build up to some pull-ups.

Keep on marchin'!

P.S.: If you don't know what a negative pull-up is, stand on a chair or have someone help you to get to a full pull-up (in the up position) then slowly lower yourself down, but try to hold your weigh and go as slow as you can. Do this for say 5 or 10 at least 3 to 4 times a week. You'll get there.

Parsons95
09-22-08, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone I will do my best. I have graduation next week so I have to shine my boots, press my uniform, and get all those IP's of my uniform.