PDA

View Full Version : A little moto I put together for you poolees.

Achped
09-20-08, 05:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYQZQFkvB2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eYQZQFkvB2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYQZQFkvB2E)
You thought you'd just be able to watch it huh? I made it so you can learn what exactly you become part of when you earn that EGA.

The first picture after the graduation pics, where is that?

At 1:14, who is the General inspecting his Marines? (I'll give you a hint, there's a reason he's close to SgtMaj Dan Daly)

Who is pictured at 2:36 and what is significant about his highest earned award?

At 3:41, who are those two pieces of cake for?

What is significant about the Marine pictured at 5:18?

Something interesting I noticed as I was finishing this video, the 2nd boot camp platoon photograph's SDI is GySgt Panikowski, it is from 1983.

The last boot camp platoon photograph is from 260 and includes DI Sgt Panikowski.... I wonder if there is any relation there. I found them on different websites.

degenerate138
09-20-08, 05:10 PM
I don't know all the answers, but that picture looks like it's in Philadelphia, or Boston.

The Marine at 5:18 is a Medal of Honor recipient.

Very nice and motivating video, thank you

Marine84
09-20-08, 07:43 PM
Damn Matt - that was actually pretty good and took some time to do. Must be close to a payday - LOL!

Hologram
09-20-08, 08:03 PM
1: I'm gonna say Tun Tavern.

2: I'm gonna go with Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler.

3: Four, count 'em, four, gold stars.

4: The first is for the guest of honour. The second goes to the oldest Marine present.

5: He has earned the Medal of Honour. Took me a second to notice that one...

ecfree
09-20-08, 08:34 PM
OUTSTANDING VIDEO MATT....:iwo:
Great picture of CHESTY..

Achped
09-20-08, 08:44 PM
Damn Matt - that was actually pretty good and took some time to do. Must be close to a payday - LOL!

Negative, those A-holes TMO'd my car a full week before we left! Bored out of my mind, and Monday all our civvies, video games, computers, etc go to TMO.

1: I'm gonna say Tun Tavern.

2: I'm gonna go with Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler.

3: Four, count 'em, four, gold stars.

4: The first is for the guest of honour. The second goes to the oldest Marine present.

5: He has earned the Medal of Honour. Took me a second to notice that one...

Guest of "honour"? In America, its honor.

Secondly, you're wrong. Push.

Hologram
09-20-08, 08:54 PM
Negative, those A-holes TMO'd my car a full week before we left! Bored out of my mind, and Monday all our civvies, video games, computers, etc go to TMO.

Guest of "honour"? In America, its honor.

Secondly, you're wrong. Push.Guess someone lied to me. Aye, LCpl.

Request report on my other answers.

Achped
09-20-08, 09:37 PM
You were correct, albeit could have provided more detail.

Where is the famous tavern located?

You didn't name him, and what does 4 gold stars mean?

Yes, he earned the Medal of Honor.

The pieces of cake go to the oldest and youngest Marine present, regardless of rank.

Hologram
09-20-08, 09:56 PM
You were correct, albeit could have provided more detail.

Where is the famous tavern located?

You didn't name him, and what does 4 gold stars mean?

Yes, he earned the Medal of Honor.

The pieces of cake go to the oldest and youngest Marine present, regardless of rank.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Lt. Gen. Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, and the four gold stars on his Navy Cross means that he was awarded the medal a total of 5 times, the four stars for each subsequent award.

And yes, I realized my mistake after a little more research. The site that I found the "guest of honor" had three different "scripts" for the birthday cake ritual, and two of them had a guest of honor piece. Apologies for not be as thorough as I should have been.

syxx2003
09-20-08, 10:01 PM

Thats for the Marine Corps birthday correct?

Achped
09-20-08, 10:02 PM
Yes.

Achped
09-20-08, 10:03 PM
Who is pictured 38 seconds into the clip? I forgot to ask that.

Hologram
09-20-08, 10:18 PM
Brevet Brigadier General Archibald Henderson, 5th Commandant of the Marine Corps.

Achped
09-20-08, 10:20 PM
Ok seriously how did you figure that out lol, I'm impressed now.

Hologram
09-20-08, 10:41 PM
By being resourceful, LCpl.

Seriously, Google Commandants of the Marine Corps, follow the wikipedia link and you get a summary of the job description of the Commandant and a list of all Commandants.

Achped
09-20-08, 10:57 PM
How did you know he was a commandant?

Hologram
09-20-08, 11:01 PM
Lucky guess. He definitely looked like an early 19th century senior officer.

That and I recognized his portrait from previous times I've been studying the Commandant's of the Marine Corps.

Isrowei
09-20-08, 11:03 PM
Matt, what was the music track you used?

Achped
09-20-08, 11:05 PM
That was "Leave No Man Behind" from Blackhawk Down sir.

Isrowei
09-20-08, 11:10 PM
Ah Thank you. Sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. Very nice piece. Very appropriate.

Achped
09-21-08, 03:30 AM
No problem sir.

I just want the poolees to see just a touch of what they're getting into. We joke around alot but at the end (or beginning?) of the day its all about winning battles.

BigGunz90
09-21-08, 10:18 AM
Yeah, and General Archibald Henderson was the Marine who posted a note on his office door that read, "Gone to Florida to fight the Indians, be back when wars over".

Thought that was noble.

Shick019
09-21-08, 06:33 PM
Also known as the "Grand Old Man of the Corps"

AWDPirate
09-22-08, 02:39 AM
This video motivated me more then I thought. I leave for Recruit Training in a few weeks, and after watching this the only thing running through my mind was, "I won't quit."

Thank you sir.