PDA

View Full Version : And then this moron.....

LanceCriminal
09-18-08, 08:03 PM
I was just thinking, Marines have three common traits that others don't have. 1) We are destructive for no reason. 2) If you leave us alone for so long we will find something to do (a bored Marine is a dangerous Marine) and 3) We do things others would find completly retarded or too dangerous to do because we think it would be fun!

Now with that comes my question. What are your favorite "Marine Moments". "Marine Moments" can be overheard ending with the phrases "and then this moron..." or "I can't believe so and so did that!"

My favorite one was out in the smoke pit in front of the BEQ one night. There were two Marines (LCpl's I think) just hanging out and drinking. Everyone knows these two as good friends as they are always out there together hanging out. This night their conversations turned to one of them stating something about never losing a fight and no one wanting to fight him (rightfully so he was about 6'5 230 pounds with a fist the size of a football), but we all know when that statement comes up around a bunch of drunk Marines something is going to go wrong. His friend, who happened to only be about 5'5 100 pounds soaking wet (go figure), told him he would fight him. Everyone outside thought it was a joke until the fist started flying. Needless to say the little guy got knocked out. Infact he would not stop fighting until he was bloody from head to toe and someone had to take him to the hospital and explain what happened. I think this may fall under all three catagories on my list up there. :beer:

BR34
09-18-08, 08:12 PM
Okay, I don't have a story, but yours was pretty good, lol.

UsmcMotorT
09-18-08, 08:29 PM
I was in Ghana several months ago doing some HA.

A sgt brought his high-powered paintball gun. So he's bored just as other Marines are. We're looking for entertainment.

Of course some Lance Corporals volunteer to run around as moving targets. By the end of this, they had huge welts, it was fun to watch though.

Same scenario (boredom). It just rained the day before and there was a muddy field. Some Marines were throwing the football around, A Marine told the receiving Marine to go long (towards a huge muddy field) and of course the Marine jumped and skidded across the mud hole. Fun times.

Cash2053
09-18-08, 08:56 PM
When I was in Bagram you always had to be very quiet and listen for Marines approaching while you were in the porta john. Some seem to think it was hilarious to drop a huge rock down the vent pipe and **** would splash all over you. It was pretty funny to watch unless you were the one in it.

crate78
09-18-08, 09:14 PM
I sat on a chair on a 2nd floor balcony behind some vines once, smoking a cigarette. I also had a bag of cherry bombs and a slingshot. I'd load a cherry bomb in the slingshot, pull it all the way back, touch the fuse to my cigarette, and let it fly.

A good shot would go at least a block, and go off in mid air. About a half dozen MP pickups were going berzerk trying to figure out what was going on. I quit while I was ahead.

Travbabble
09-21-08, 11:01 PM
When we were doing the combat scenarios at bridgeport this summer, we had about 7-10 hurt people that stayed back in the barracks. One in particular got bored and decided to "help" us insurgents out...

SlingerDun
09-21-08, 11:50 PM
I was just thinking, Marines have three common traits that others don't have......Sorry man but the devil dreams on an idle horse and most of them are green colts. If it were only Marines raising Cain then alot of cops and jailers would be huntin a new job.

--->Dave

GunsUp
09-22-08, 10:50 AM
Try 20 bored Marines on a Battle Griffen exercise running around wearing nothing but deuce gear, a balaclava, combat boots and a running strobe light, throwing MRE heater bombs around a squadbay yelling "Now you see, now you don't".... Ahhh... Good Times! I think that fits into the Moron category.

imajarhed
09-22-08, 10:54 AM
Are we allowed to mention anything about huntin' wild pig on the big island with sections of cleaning rod and no BFA? I've, umm, heard that sort of thing might have taken place. 5 weeks at Pohakuloa... well, never mind.

as you were.

GunsUp
09-22-08, 10:56 AM
Marines still do that? How about removing a BFA to teach some jackazz a lesson about playing fair with MILES gear on...

crate78
09-22-08, 12:22 PM
I once rode the troop ship, U.S.S. Breckenridge, from San Diego to Japan. This was like almost three weeks of sheer boredom without even seeing land.

The troop's heads each had two rows of about a dozen stools back to back. Instead of individual flush valves for each stool, there was simply a trough of water running continuously under each row of stools. It was great sport at the right time of day when most stools were occupied to get on the upstream end of the trough, set fire to a large wad of toilet paper, and drop it in the trough.

Then run for your life!

crate

THAT AINT IT
09-22-08, 12:31 PM
Here's an equation for you...12 Marines+20 solo cups+2 pingpong balls+3 cases of Coors Light+2 cases of Bud Light+2 cases of Natty Light+a 96= a 4 day long beer pong tournament and a weekend we barely remember.
Everytime we have a party somewhere someone always gets in a wrestling match and it's usually the smallest guy at the party versus the biggest guy at the party.
When I was on the USS Boxer, I worked in the laundry room for pretty much the last two weeks. So we used to have races in the carts they had down there and we somehow managed to get a sleeping squid into one of the huge laundry bags.

Chumley
09-22-08, 12:56 PM
We had an indoor formation - small, maybe 10 Marines or so. ( Occaisionally we drank a bit in the barracks. You all know what the Genny-Screamers are. ) So Big Stan Benko has got the some air coming out of his backside that would make cottage cheese curl...you all know the ones...it's not even a bit funny how sickening the human body can occaisionally be, especially after drinking until the wee hours. I'm not referring to mildly unpleasant...I'm talking about I'm gonna vomit if I ever smell that ever again.
So you guessed it, Stan silently does his duty. He never moved, never flinched, but he did nearly cry as he held back the tears of pain and laughter and he turned bright red. No one heard a thing. Marines start to snicker, gag, cough. The SSgt who called us to formation started to look at us and then he was attacked too. GAS GAS GAS but it was too late. SSgt said Fall Out. Stan never moved. Just stood there at the POA, a little disgusted with himself, and yet fiercely proud of what he made. The rest of us - not so good.

Chumley
09-22-08, 01:01 PM
In K-Bay we had a nice paved hill across the flight line towards Pyramid Rock Beach. We used the duty pickup truck to tow the portable pallet jack up the hill, then used it like a skateboard and cruised down the hill. Crashed at the bottom everytime. Also went two-man tandom which increased the speed and crashing verocity.

imajarhed
09-22-08, 01:08 PM
In K-Bay we had a nice paved hill across the flight line towards Pyramid Rock Beach. We used the duty pickup truck to tow the portable pallet jack up the hill, then used it like a skateboard and cruised down the hill. Crashed at the bottom everytime. Also went two-man tandom which increased the speed and crashing verocity.

Wouldn't happen to be Kansas Tower would it?

jrhd97
09-22-08, 03:04 PM
We had two boots that thought it would be fun to play with a jeujie board. A couple of us convinced the two hillbillies that the only way to get rid of it was to burn it, otherwise it would end up coming back. They thought we were loking, so after getting them a little freaked out ( multiple brews helped ) they decided to throw it in the dumpster. While they were at the chow hall I dug it out and layed it on one of there racks then whent to the gym. Came back and they were on the cat walk refusing to go in the room ( it was all I could do to stay serious ). I did a " I told you so " so hillbillie number 1 runs in, grabs it, runs to the dumspter, lights the box onfire and throws it in. In no time the whole dumspter is burning. MP's, base fire, OOD all show up.

Oki. One of the guys had a little 3 cylinder van. We tied ropes to the back seat and roller blade / skied out of the back. The alchohol made the crashes more tolerable.

Quinbo
09-22-08, 05:09 PM
Grunts waiting for for birds, trucks, tracks all laying around on their packs. Eventually many fall asleep with thier mouth open. Sneak up and sprinkle a couple drops of tobasco on their tongue then stand back and watch the show. Always was a good one.

I watched a couple guys in Okinawa decide that a poncho as a cape was a good way to try and be superman in a typhoon. Ok superman flipping and rolling down the road till you hit a building at 40 mph was quite impressive.

For lack of cleaning gear we would just throw soapy water along in the hallway and have a couple PFC's crawl along on their hands and knees with towels. Thus was born PFC water skiiing .... get a running start and ride like you were surfing ... never forgot .... hey you were supposed to stop at the stairs.

Quinbo
09-22-08, 05:24 PM
I guess I forgot my all time favorite till now. We occasionally were allowed to perform weapons maintenance in the the air conditioned hallways of the barracks in Hawaii. We would all be sitting there scrubbing away and soon or later someone would fall alsleep. We would all quietly put weapons back together and stand up at attention and yell "Attention on deck BC onboard". It was a hoot to see that poor bastard scrambling around in a pile of rifle parts.

CplKJSpevak
09-22-08, 05:28 PM
I was in Supply so I had all the Mo-Gas...(You fella's know where this is going) on a field op in Greece....Truck's plt. fire had gone out, so we figured we'd help them get it started back up....1/2 can of Mo-Gas+some bored Marines=One hell of a Mushroom Cloud/Fireball, and a poor brave Devil Dog with no more Arm hair/eyebrows....

CplKJSpevak
09-22-08, 05:32 PM
Also......On Mess duty on the USS Austin, The Marine who was in Charge of keeping the Nasty Juice made....Decided he would stir that 5hit with his arm....Levi, had his arm dyed purple up to his...

Chumley
09-22-08, 07:06 PM
Wouldn't happen to be Kansas Tower would it?

That would be impossible without a braking system - KT is too steep. Once you cross the flightline there is a small guardshack / fenced compound area that was our duty location. There's a hilll right next to it that goes up to some visitor cottages...doesn't look like much until you've taken an insane pallet-jack ride down her.

imajarhed
09-23-08, 03:15 AM
That would be impossible without a braking system - KT is too steep. Once you cross the flightline there is a small guardshack / fenced compound area that was our duty location. There's a hilll right next to it that goes up to some visitor cottages...doesn't look like much until you've taken an insane pallet-jack ride down her.

Whew... for a bit there you were my hero. Anytime I hear "hill" and "k'bay" in the same sentence my brain housing group is programmed to automatically draw parallel between KT and lingering pain.

Chumley
09-23-08, 07:24 AM
Yep - was always better to run back down KT after you got to the top. We usually did it at the end of the run, not in the start. Once you had the second wind going, it was just one foot in fron of the other...but to do it first thing was a bit more difficult.