PDA

View Full Version : Military Police

heavysniper
09-18-08, 01:55 PM
hey every one i just finished all my enilstment papers and my mos is M.P and i was wondering what kind of things they do like i know the basic things that my recruiter told me but i want more info on it if some one can help me out and tell me whats up or any one that knows thanks

OB MSG
09-18-08, 02:03 PM
Did you run a search? If not, then.....You know!

I'm sure that someone on here has answered that question or has brought up that line of thought in the past.

yellowwing
09-18-08, 02:35 PM
First off Military Police follow rules, like not punctuating like they are texting their girl. Read the poolee rules on proper capitalization!

yellowwing
09-18-08, 03:11 PM
Secondly they are they direct representative of the Commanding General to keep order. They may be a Lance Corporal, but they have the weight of the CG behind them.

Most of the MPs I knew and partied with were cool guys. The young one still trying to find their identity, I had trouble that they actually gave them guns. :scared:

Fubar5812
09-20-08, 10:38 AM
well i'm at MP school right now so I have a little insight.

first off,as an MP your going to have to have thick skin,it's probably one of the most despised MOS's in the Marine Corps because your responsible for ruining the grunts liberty because they can't police there own (or hold there liquor :P) kidding guys.

there are 2 sides to MP,Garrison Mp and Field MP

Garrison is exactly what you think an MP is,white car and red/blue lights pulling people over for traffic stops and breaking up fights and what not,they do not deploy usually and work long hours,12 on 12 off just like civilian cops. Alot of garrison MP's go for SRT training (SWAT for the Marine Corps) look that up on about.com/Marine Corps MOS List.

Field MP's are glorified grunts with badges and wheels.They deploy,alot and are mostly responsible for convoy security,manning vehicle checkpoints and entry control points,perimeter security for the FOB and patrolling the cities and towns helping the iraqi military/police. Some field MP's try for dog handler (i'm currently trying for it) they sniff out IED's or drugs,depending on the dog.

there are alot of schools/secondary MOS's for MP's like private investigator,traffic investigator,SRT,K-9 Handler designated Marksman(SRT) etc etc,checkout that website i gave ya. any questions about training or anything else,PM me.

syxx2003
09-20-08, 10:03 PM
I've thought about trying to do MP if I make it that far. How do you like it so far Cwalling?

Achped
09-20-08, 10:16 PM
He's still in school.

And everything he says about them being despised is....so...on...point lol

Fubar5812
09-21-08, 05:42 PM
yea i'm still in school. i honestly think where underappreciated,you need too understand that when you come through the gate,drunk off your ASS who calls someone or a cab too come pick you up and bring you too your barracks because your too drunk too make it? we do. who shows up too that domestic call and keeps you and the misses from going off on each other or worse? we do. who is the first person you call when your car windshield gets smashed,your wallet gets stolen or your wife gets attacked? us.

MP school is challenging i will say,prepare for ALOT of running.we run 3 days a week,mon wen,fri and usually anywhere between 3 (PFT) and 12 miles (engineer trail) 12 is the longest we've done so far.your legs will be like a horses by the time you leave lol. getting sprayed with OC has been the worst part so far,where just getting into field MP stuff for the next 4 weeks. crew served weapons,small unit tactics, entry and vehicle checkpoints. convoys in up armored humvees,stuff like that. i graduate oct 17th, I can't wait until field week,solid week of convoys/MOUT and some other fun stuff.

we just did EVOC driving, going 65+ on a closed course and doing various obstacles,emergency breaking, reaction drills and J breaking in patrol cars, I enjoyed it.any specific questions you can PM me,i've already gotten a TON from various poolees/NCO's thinking of LAT moving.

FistFu68
09-21-08, 05:54 PM
:usmc: WALK TALL-THAT BADGE CARRIES A'LOT OF WEIGHT 4THA REST OF YOUR LIFE :usmc: 10-6??? :confused:

sparkie
09-21-08, 06:45 PM
I was never busted by an MP. Always went places they would not. Love those guys. What hatred? Fixed their comm for 6 months at Pendleton, I know they loved me.

USMC Sgt 0331
09-26-08, 11:23 AM
Yellowing you seem like quite the deuschbag, he had a legitimate question and your criticize his punctuation? I could understand if he asked "Hey guys could some jerk off please let me know how my writing ablities are?" But he didn't c'mon get a life loser.

MARINECID
09-26-08, 11:36 AM
MP's are glorified security guards. Standing gates and checking ID cards. The PFC that is in school only knows what the school house tells him. I hated the MOS. So I transferred to CID (Criminal Investigation Division). We were the most hated MOS. I put several MP's in the Brig. CWALLING---you mentioned a secondary MOS like Private Investigator? Don't you mean CID.

sscjoe
09-26-08, 12:01 PM
Hey Gunny, when you were at Iwakuni were you an MP or CID?

MARINECID
09-26-08, 12:18 PM
I was in Iwakuni 1989-90. Back then I was Aviation Ordnance. My buddy was with CID in Iwakuni about 4 years ago

OB MSG
09-26-08, 12:24 PM
USMC Sgt 0331: I would like to inform you that I have been to your profile and it seems a little lacking in content.

SO, before you go attempting to jump down a Moderators throat, you might want to correct yourself.

Thought I might be nice about it since you seem to be the sensitive type.

Also, Poolees need to follow the rules, and if this Poolee posts like he's back on the block then he's going to continue to catch flack.

FistFu68
09-26-08, 12:57 PM
:evilgrin: Of coarse they gave Us Guns,Kinda Hard too reproduce Maggots w/out 1(LOL):D :iwo:

USMC Sgt 0331
09-26-08, 09:07 PM
OB MSG: I would like to inform you that I have been to your profile and was quite impressed. I apologize for being a casual guest to this website and have not had enough free time to fill in my...

FistFu68
09-26-08, 09:50 PM
:evilgrin: NOT ME I LOVED EVERY HEARTBEAT,OF BEING ON THE GATES OF ALL USMC BASES. LOADED 4BEAR COCKED @ LOCKED;@BUSTED ALOT OF CHIT FROM MACHINE GUN'S 2 LB'S OF GRASS ENTERING OR LEAVING BASE ON MY DUTY.PLUS BUSTING C.I.D.PERSONEL FOR PUSHING THEIR VIRGINIA STATE STICKER FOR INSPECTIONS,AFTER A YEAR.I HAD AUTHOURITY ON ANY MOVING VEHICLE ON THAT BASE.EVEN YOU"CID"MARINE 10/4 ~~~~~:D :iwo:

Fubar5812
09-26-08, 10:31 PM
yes gysgt i meant CID.

the gate guard thing is pretty much dead though,most bases are civilianizing that particular part of the MOS and in years too come there is talk of getting rid of the PMO side of MP all together,giving it too civvis and being strictly field MP's.

i don't want PMO anyway,i want field so it doesn't hurt me.the only MP's that do gate are the HMX guys and the few bases that haven't switched too civilians use PMO MP's.

then again i'm just going off what our student NCO's are telling us from there time in PMO and the OJT they got.

Wyoming
09-27-08, 01:05 AM
Holy ****!! <br />
<br />
I don't give you much in the way of remaining on this site. <br />
<br />
See ya!!

MARINECID
09-27-08, 05:33 AM
Thought CID wasn't an MOS until 1980's. Maybe my history is wrong. Fistfu68 probably knows more than me anyway. After all 4 years in Corps and got all the way to E2.

sparkie
09-27-08, 07:29 AM
I am impressed that you are so busy and vital, damm impressive. So why don't you fill a little of your profile so we can be enlightened. After all, you do have your shet together, right?

FistFu68
09-27-08, 01:37 PM
:evilgrin: YEA YOU GOT ME ON THE RANK,BABY EINSTEIN;I HAD VELCRO ON MY CHEVRONS.(LOL)SEEMS AS THOUGH THIS A'J SQUARED AWAY P.F.C.'S WORST ENEMY WAS LIBERTY @ BIGG MOUTHED NCO'S.:D :beer:

MARINECID
09-27-08, 01:44 PM
LOL, I am glad you realized I was just hacken on ya.

FistFu68
09-27-08, 02:45 PM
:evilgrin: I CAN REMEMBER GEN. LEONARD F. CHAPMAN,SALUTING ME AT M.P. SHACK HENDERSON HALL;BUT W/COMMENT SAYING HE DID NOT SALUTE NON-NCO'S.AFTER MY SHIFT THE X.O. OF H@S CO.HAD ME IN HIS OFFICE AND WAS A CPL. AGAIN 4THA' 2ND TIME(LOL).:D :beer: